My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pope says that Masonic Lobby worse of a Problem than Homosexuality

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
Pope Francis appears to me to be opposed to all forums of political corruption more than he is opposed to free elections and voting. Could you provide a source where he says he is opposed to free elections and voting, because I cannot find such a source.
The RCC has a long history of meddling in secular affairs, including the governments of sovereign nations. While they are much less, let's call it "enthusiastic", in their approach today than in centuries past, they will still take everything that they can get in the area of political power and influence. As a staunch believer in the principal of an entirely secular system of law and government, I call that (a church meddling in government) corruption. Others call it Sharia, or Dominionism, so to be fair, it must be said that the RCC is hardly alone in this regard. Whatever it's name, it is unwelcome in a place where the authority of the government is held to flow from the consent of the governed. Freemasonry has a history of fostering the kind of thinking that recognizes and appreciates this "separation" of church and state. It is for that reason that the RCC has such a dim view of the Craft.

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
Re: Catholic church

You did not actually listen but picked out what you wanted to pick apart:

The problem is lobbying, not being. Does Freemasonry become an excuse to form a political pressure group? Do you go around and demand special laws be made for Freemasons? Go re-read the quote you post and actually read it.
What "special laws" are the LGBT community lobbying for? Last I heard, they only wanted what everyone else is entitled to already.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Re: Catholic church

If you see some posts "out of order" I think another thread was mistaken for this one. I moved the posts into here.

Last edited:

dfreybur

Premium Member
I don't understand why we, as Freemasons, should be concerned about what the Pope says or thinks of our Fraternity.

I, as a Mason who is not Catholic, don't need to be concerned about it. There are many of Catholic masons, though. Such statements by the Pope put their values in conflict. Self determination as a Masonic principle versus obedience to the hierarchy as a Catholic principle.

We are not trying to win a popularity contest are we?

A prior generation of brothers wanted to apologize and ended up retreating from our principles in the process. I have no interest in apologies. If some organization objects to our principles that tells me much about the values of that organization.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
You need to research the history of the catholic church and freemasonry. Not exactly a warm relationship.

Sent from my HTC One using Freemason Connect HD mobile app

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
lobbying is a curious choice of words for the Pope to use even more curious though was his shout out to Masonry why in the heck did he feel the need to mention us? The average age in my lodge is around 79 and they are not burning up the social scene. Good Press or Bad Press it all the same now a days though!!! I'll get my petitions ready. ;)