My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prayers for my Grandfather

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
Brethren,

I will keep this as short as possible.

My Grandfather raised me from a very small child. He and I have always been extremely close. Three years ago his health deteriorated and I moved him in with my wife and I. I have been and remain his primary care giver.

I don't make a habit of talking about it.

A few days ago, his ongoing battle with cancer reached the untreatable stage. He has two months. One before the pain becomes intense.

Tomorrow he comes home with me so that I may make him as comfortable as I can for his journey onward.

I am a deist, I have had a spotty relationship with prayer.

But he is an exceedingly good man, truly. He has been my father, my protector and my friend for all of my life.

I would very much appreciate your prayers for his comfort, and his journey. And truth be told, for me to have the patience, the magnanimity, and the strength needed for the coming weeks. It may be that some of you men have more pull with the Almighty than I, and like I say, he deserves it.

S&F,
Michael

Kenneth Lottman

Bro. Michael my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family through this difficult time. It sounds like he has been a pillar in your life and has made you the man that you are today and you taking care of him shows your character! If there is anything I can help you with feel free to message me!

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Bro. Hatley I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I know the difficult times that lay ahead and I will pray for the Great Architect to give you the strength to make it through. My grandfather was much the same to me and I had to go through it with him like you are. It will be tough and will not be an easy journey, but I have faith that you will do your best to make him as comfortable as you can. If you need anything just yell.

Raymond Walters

Premium Member
Br. Hatley,
Thank you for having the courage to share this most intimate detail of your personal life. I also thank you for having the courage to ask for that which you feel unqualified to give--- PRAYER!

Since you posted, I have added you to the prayer list at every church I have a relationship with as a supply pastor. In addition, I & my family are praying for you and your family, especially your grandfather.

Remain focused, remain vigilant, remain PRAYERFUL!

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
My prayers go out to you and your family, Brother. You have asked for the one thing that EVERY BROTHER can supply, and that is unyielding prayer in your time of need. This is exactly what the Brotherhood is for---to support a WORTHY BROTHER in his time of need. I would also encourage you to seek counsel in Scripture, if you feel up to it. I was NOT a Scripture reading or frequent praying Man until abt 2 years ago, so I understand where you're coming from.

If you ever do, PM me, and I can send you some Scripture that helped me through a hellish time in my life. I was battling through my struggle with Alcohol Abuse, when I lost my Grandmother and Grandfather within 6 months. That bout drove me flat on my face, because they helped raise me as well. It's never too late to seek GOD's Word in print form, and the beauty of the GAOTU is, he won't judge anyone for the time they choose to seek HIS word for comfort or guidance. And, ain't no such thang as a perfect believer, Brother.......I can reassure you that HE won't turn YOUR prayer requests for Grampa's comfort and peace away. Please keep us posted on what's happening with Grampa.

Prayerfully, and Fraternal Regards...........

Bro. Vincent C. Jones, Sr., Lodge Chaplain, Bayou City Lodge #228
Prince Hall Afiliation, Free and Accepted Masonry, Houston, Texas
Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas

mastermason357

I said a prayer for you and your family and may GOD bless you all my brother.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 481

Ratchet

My prayers & thoughts are with you & grandfather.
I lost my first wife to cancer and understand how difficult dealing with this can be.
My faith got me through it.
Be strong !!!!

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
Thanks, fellas.

During this time my biggest challenge has been keeping my temper, and maintaining a positive attitude. So far I've been able to do so, mostly.

One day at a time.