My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prince Hall Severs Ties With The Shrine

acjohnson53

Not yet, hopefully I'll get petitioned this year...I know I will get petitioned this year, it's been along time coming...Bro Ennis u ever follow any of the Brothers in the Aberdeen, Maryland area???

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Cripes!... Wouldn't it just be awesome if all lodges followed the same strict, yet welcoming open arms kind of policy.. just harmonious goodness and all that? I mean I hear too much about my lodge this.. my lodge that.. my worshipful master's a drunk who did this..

For someone curious about masonry It's just a tad bit offputting but.. There's always bad peaches to every tree, aye.
We recruit from the human species, which has human frailties. The difference with the Craft is that we DO care. What would passfor the rough and tumble of daily life is not our standard. We even sanction those who behave inappropriately.

Bloke

Premium Member
For someone curious about masonry It's just a tad bit offputting but.. There's always bad peaches to every tree, aye.

Indeed, and what I am seeing from you, you're a bad peach... I will report every post you made which contains inappropriate posts. You're welcome if you respect the place and those here... I've seen several posts from you which do not do that.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I .... However, I do have ADHD.. Maybe that has something to do with it.. I just didn't realize that others would find my posts rude..

I always thought to myself .. in life.. some people will like what you have to say, others wont, but as long as you're okay with it.. you shouldnt care what others think.. Because if they choose to invest emotion or energy toward you or something you said, that's their own reactivity..

That's not ADD. That's narcissism.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I find that very offensive and even a bit hurtful but you are entitled to your opinion so I respect you anyways.
But didn't you just claim, "I always thought to myself .. in life.. some people will like what you have to say, others wont, but as long as you're okay with it.. you shouldnt care what others think.. Because if they choose to invest emotion or energy toward you or something you said, that's their own reactivity..

Bloke

Premium Member
DudDark, I dont think we needed to check your profile to work out you were not a Freemason. I've already seen several things you have written which would see you admonished at best.

Lift up your socks or leave

the_widows_son

Site Benefactor
I personally don't blame MWPHGLoTX for their decision, IMHO all the PHA GLs should withdraw recognition, and this is coming from a Ex member of the AEAONMS. I got an email yesterday from my old shrine asking me to pay $135 to get back on the rolls and also 2018 dues and it does not matter if I am current with my blue house, scottishrite or yorkrite. This bothers me because. The PHA Shrine will cause True and lawful Brothers to break their MM Obligation, with this type of buffoonery. You wont know if there is an expelled member or a non current blue lodge member in the mist. The AAONMS should also pull their recognition as well. Hopefully the AEAONMS gets their stuff together quick this is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G930P using My Freemasonry mobile app

acjohnson53

Just had a conversation with one of my Past Masters about this subject. it seems that we forgot from whence we came especially this matter. Regardless which direction a Brother takes in Masonry, he should always be in "Good Standing" with his Blue Lodge, because it is the foundation, With out one you shouldn't be able to progress to the next level, point blank. they are taking away from tradition.

Kenneth Munn

I personally don't blame MWPHGLoTX for their decision, IMHO all the PHA GLs should withdraw recognition, and this is coming from a Ex member of the AEAONMS. I got an email yesterday from my old shrine asking me to pay $135 to get back on the rolls and also 2018 dues and it does not matter if I am current with my blue house, scottishrite or yorkrite. This bothers me because. The PHA Shrine will cause True and lawful Brothers to break their MM Obligation, with this type of buffoonery. You wont know if there is an expelled member or a non current blue lodge member in the mist. The AAONMS should also pull their recognition as well. Hopefully the AEAONMS gets their stuff together quick this is ridiculous.

Greetings my brother, This is a problem that started several years ago under one of the Imperial Potentates administration. This caused quite a bit of confusion amongst the craft. There were guys coming in off the street joining the shrine just for the playhouse mentality. This caused a leadership disconnect with other leaders who totally disagreed with the move and as a result of that mentality, we are faced with the manifestation of the disproportion of continuity with our Grand Masters. If I'm correct, I think that the same leader whom the change had taken place under is now self styled as a Sovereign Grand Commander of The New Progressive Scottish Rite PHA D.C. We really have to deal with these issues that affect the craft as a whole. We tend to gripe about issues with irregular bodies, clandestine bodies, and non recognized bodies but we are faced with those same mentalities in our own front and backyard. Most brothers do not care to hear this, but this is true. When you have GMs who are part of this new Scottish Rite Body that supposed to represent leadership within a jurisdiction and a craft who doesn't question it, then you tend to have a serious problem at hand. We have to challenge these leaders to inculcate their obligations through action and knowledge. There are too many brothers who are striving to wear the Fez with no intention on studying the history of it.

the_widows_son

Site Benefactor
Greetings my brother, This is a problem that started several years ago under one of the Imperial Potentates administration. This caused quite a bit of confusion amongst the craft. There were guys coming in off the street joining the shrine just for the playhouse mentality. This caused a leadership disconnect with other leaders who totally disagreed with the move and as a result of that mentality, we are faced with the manifestation of the disproportion of continuity with our Grand Masters. If I'm correct, I think that the same leader whom the change had taken place under is now self styled as a Sovereign Grand Commander of The New Progressive Scottish Rite PHA D.C. We really have to deal with these issues that affect the craft as a whole. We tend to gripe about issues with irregular bodies, clandestine bodies, and non recognized bodies but we are faced with those same mentalities in our own front and backyard. Most brothers do not care to hear this, but this is true. When you have GMs who are part of this new Scottish Rite Body that supposed to represent leadership within a jurisdiction and a craft who doesn't question it, then you tend to have a serious problem at hand. We have to challenge these leaders to inculcate their obligations through action and knowledge. There are too many brothers who are striving to wear the Fez with no intention on studying the history of it.
PHA has been infighting for a very long time. IMHO Harmony being the support of all institutions especially this...ir lack there of...Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. John G. Jones and his bastardization of Freemasonry which has begat so many spurious lodges, not to mention PHO. What it boils down to is Brothers refusing to work by the trowel and keeping the order cemented to a common mass. Mainstream Masonry had its share if the Antients and Moderns feud. But guess what they subdued their passions, and created harmony and in 1717 Premier Grand Lodge of England was born. This situation has been able to fester and grow and its Malignancy is going to destroy all that is good ignoring it has caused this problem to go way out of proportion.