My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prince Hall visitation

acjohnson53

I wouldn't mess with them, they a special breed...They walk around with Big Swords....Scared the world out of me...They asked me if I wanted to go Royal Arch or Knight Templar, I said "NO"... LOL

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I don't know the answer to this here in Kentucky but will find out. I wish that I had seen this forum yesterday as we had our Chapter and Council meetings last night.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I checked on this last night at my monthly Chapter / Council meeting. I was told that PHA Grand Chapter / Council and the Kentucky Grand Chapter / Council usually go along with whatever the PHA Grand Lodge and Kentucky Grand Lodge do in this regard. As the two GLs recognize each other and have visitation it is ASSUMED that this goes for both Chapters and Councils. However, the PHA and Kentucky Chapters / Councils are due to officially discuss this matter at this year's annual meeting.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I checked on this last night at my monthly Chapter / Council meeting. I was told that PHA Grand Chapter / Council and the Kentucky Grand Chapter / Council usually go along with whatever the PHA Grand Lodge and Kentucky Grand Lodge do in this regard. As the two GLs recognize each other and have visitation it is ASSUMED that this goes for both Chapters and Councils. However, the PHA and Kentucky Chapters / Councils are due to officially discuss this matter at this year's annual meeting.

See my understanding is that the state grand bodies are governed by a national Grander body..lol...and if the national body says yes then it’s yes. However you still gotta follow ur GL rules. So just cause grand chapter says yes doesn’t mean you can if you gl says no

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
See my understanding is that the state grand bodies are governed by a national Grander body..lol...and if the national body says yes then it’s yes. However you still gotta follow ur GL rules. So just cause grand chapter says yes doesn’t mean you can if you gl says no
The Grand Chapter and Grand Council usually go with what the Grand Lodge does in this instance in each state because the Grand Master can wipe the Council and Chapter out in his state with the stroke of his pen.

Kenneth NC Mason

Visitation has happened informally between the york Rite of both sides in North Carolina. However, a few months ago, the Prince Hall York Rite voted to recognize our sides york Rite. If all goes well, we should reciprocate that during our Grand session at the end of the month. I wish I could join Prince Hall appendant Bodies (Scottish Rite being one of them , they’re more localized then ours are) but alas , they don’t allow dual membership.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Visitation has happened informally between the york Rite of both sides in North Carolina. However, a few months ago, the Prince Hall York Rite voted to recognize our sides york Rite. If all goes well, we should reciprocate that during our Grand session at the end of the month.
Nice!