My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proposed Resolutions to be Considered at our Grand Annual Communication 2012

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Widows' Sons application got turned down some year back. Ruffians would have been rejected also if they hadn't withdrawn their resolution.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
OK- here we go.

Holdover #13- adopted (close vote)

1. Amended (MWSA's may not own real property) and adopted.

2. Adopted

3. Not adopted

4. Adopted

5. Adopted

6. Withdrawn

7. Adopted (as it affects the Constitution, it will hold over until next year, when it will be voted upon again)

8. Withdrawn

9. Adopted

10. Adopted

11. Adopted

12. Adopted

13. Adopted

14. Adopted

15. Adopted

16. Withdrawn

17. Tabled until the 2013 Grand Annual Communication

18. Withdrawn

19. Not adopted

20. Not adopted

21. Amended (changed "prior to the 2012 Grand Communication" to "as soon as possible") and adopted

22. Withdrawn

23. Withdrawn

24. Adopted

25. Adopted

26. Adopted

jwhoff

Premium Member
I'd be very interested in learning more about this one as well.

As far as over-reaching authority goes, I seem to recall there were a few proposed resolutions last year that could have been over reaching if they had been accepted as well. I've been a mason for several years but I've only really started paying attention to GL last year. Is this kind of thing the norm?

I asked a learned brother from Ireland who dropped in for our stated meeting this past Tuesday evening if Ireland had a practice of, or had ever, rearranging the lesser lights differently for degrees. He said it was not a practice there and was not sure but would check into whether they had ever been moved about. He mentioned that the lesser lights in Ireland were arranged as are ours in Texas lodges.

So, I am now even more interested in where this practice came from.

Brother JJones, don't worry, many of the themes behind resolutions of Grand Lodge come up year after year. It's akin to watching a soap opera once or twice a year. You pretty much pick up on what "hasn't changed or transpired" in the previous six to twelve months.

Brethren I noticed WITH ALARM one of the northern jurisdictions had ONLY three resolutions to consider. WITH ALARM because I'd never phantomed it possible to actually settle anything. ONLY three because I'm still pretty sure it's impossible to settle anything.

:sad:

jwhoff

Premium Member
p.s.

So ................ brother Bill was paying attention back there.

He got them all right!

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
We generally only have a few each year; 3-6 on average since I've been in.

We arrange our lights the same way you do presently, and they don't change. In the EA Degree their location and form are specifically stated, and there's no mention of them after that.
I have to admit, I like the arrangements that surround the altar.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I have seen the lights arranged different ways for the degrees, but I can't for the life of me remember where. I will look and see if I can find it again.

jwhoff

Premium Member
It's been a busy week around Cypress Lodge No. 1423. A brother was in for a quick visit from Scotland and said their lights were same as we had at the alter.

Did I mention busy? Let's see. Monday night: Entered Apprentice degree, two esoteric turn ins by Fellow Crafts and one by a Master Mason.