My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proving Up to Master Mason

Greco

I have a few question for the brothers please. What is a Master Mason called who has not proven up?

Can a Master Mason, who has not proven up, hold a chair?

Regards

Randy81

Premium Member
Under GLoTX, a MM who has not returned his work within 90 days of his raising is called "suspended".
There is no requirement for us to do it, however, you can do it. I'm doing mine Monday. I don't think it'd hurt for it to be a requirement though. Especially to be an officer.

Greco

I'm from Alberta, Canada. This is what the grand lodge from Alberta emailed me, "A Master Mason who has not proven up is called a Master Mason. He took the OB and was raised accordingly. Can he hold a chair, yes he can as can a FC in some instances depending on the chair - although that is up to the lodge Master, bylaws and constitution where you reside. "

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I'm assuming he's referring to returning his proficiency.
Thank you brother.
Under GLoTX, a MM who has not returned his work within 90 days of his raising is called "suspended".
In Kentucky you don't have to do your MM proficiency but you can go no farther in the chairs than Senior Deacon without it. You can assume the Junior Warden chair without it but you must complete it within 6 months or you will be removed.

Last edited: