Question about dual Masonic membership

Discussion in 'Becoming a Prince Hall Freemason' started by Purkaple, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Purkaple

Purkaple Registered User

So, I'm a DeMolay, already working on becoming a mainstream Mason at the Blue Lodge where our DeMolay chapter meets. I was just curious if, at the same time, I could seek membership in P.H.A. I know there's some sort of difference between the two, so I'm interested in doing both. Is this possible?

2. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Some PHA are not recognized by the SGL counterpart, so you could not belong to both.

Some PHA do not allow concurrent memberships.

As a young man, you shouldn't have time for two Lodges.

Recommend you pick one, become proficient there, and visit the other, if allowed.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    tldubb, acjohnson53 and Classical like this.
  3. Purkaple

Purkaple Registered User

What are the rules for all that in Missouri?

4. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

To find out you have to learn the detailed definitions of both jurisdictions.

Some jurisdictions allow a Brother to be a member of more than one lodge (sometimes not not always called multiple affiliation), others to be a member of exactly one lodge - If either has the latter stance the answer is no.

Some jurisdictions allow a Brother to be a member of more than one jurisdiction (sometimes but not always called dual affiliation), others to be a member of exactly on jurisdiction - If either has the latter stance the answer is no.

It's a level of detail that takes reading the book of rules in both jurisdictions.

Purkaple and Glen Cook like this.
  5. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

You'll need to ask the locals that.
    I concur with Brother Glen; focus on becoming a Mason and being the member of a lodge before considering branching out.

Share My Freemasonry