Re-enactments and Living History

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Special Interests' started by Mark Stockdale, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Mark Stockdale

Mark Stockdale Premium Member

I have a love of history, so can often be found living / playing in castles across Scotland and even south into England.
    Roman.jpg
    That's me in Roman garb, front row, 2nd from the left.
    17th.JPG
    17th Century Scottish Musketeer, front left.
    Surgeon.jpg
    me as a 17th Century surgeon, usually displayed with real live medicinal leeches.

Bloke likes this.
  2. Winter

Winter Premium Member

I did Roman reenacting for a short bit with Legio XIIII GMV. Loved it but I moved and didn't get back into it as there is no unit nearby now. Now I mostly do Star Wars costuming. I guess you could say I'm a Galactic Civil War reenactor. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mark Stockdale likes this.
  3. Mark Stockdale

Mark Stockdale Premium Member

As much as I would love a stormtrooper uniform, I think my good lady wife would divorce me. I had to get rid of all my Star Trek kit (used when attending conventions) years ago.

4. Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776 Registered User

For many years I reenacted early American history. No surprise, I was usually a Rev. War Rifleman. But, I also belong to the North American Order of the Beaver a/k/a Fraternal Orders of Beaver a/k/a FOB. This is a group of Master Masons who are initiated only when they are in proper clothes for the period of the fur, primarily beaver, trapping and trade era. Roughly 1750-1830. The rites must be put on in a proper lodge (tent) of the period by other Brothers. The Order was formed, with dispensation, in Michigan but it nationwide with several thousands members. I am a fairly early member, #221. Good group.

5. Winter

Winter Premium Member

Come on. You know you want to! Here is me in my in my scout trooper. TB-3763 of the Florida Garrison, 501st Legion "Vader's Fist".[​IMG]

Bloke, Chaz, Brother JC and 1 other person like this.
  6. Winter

Winter Premium Member

There are actually quite a few Brothers in our group. [​IMG]

Bloke, Mark Stockdale and Brother JC like this.
  7. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

I did American Revolutionary War reenactment for many years (Lee's Troop, 1st Continental Light Dragoons), U.S. Civil War ( 1st Connecticut Volunteer Cavalry & 71st Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry) as Well as WWII (327th Glider Infantry Regt.)

Currently I am involved with the SCA.

8. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Pennsic War is the stuff of legend!

9. Winter

Winter Premium Member

Spent about 20 years in the SCA. It isn't as fun as the 90s were. Now I spend my time at at sci fi conventions.

Share My Freemasonry