My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redistricting in Texas?

chrmc

I know that for a number of the major cities the distribution is completely out of whack due to lodges demising and others being reconstituted.
In Houston for instance, we have 30A with 10 lodges and others with 5 or 6.
The geographical split is also all over the board with lodges moving location over time.

It'll be interesting to read the proposal, and also to see if it passes. It strikes me as one of the types that can potentially make it hard to keep everyone happy with. But it should make the life for our DDGMs easier hopefully.

David Duke

Premium Member
Unless I missed something the resolutions that are being brought forth this year are only dealing with two separate requests for redistricting. They’re is nothing this year concerning a statewide realignment plan that I saw.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Here's Resolution #1:

Referred to Committee on Purposes & Policies

WHEREAS, Masonic District No. 60A of the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Texas is composed of six Lodges, namely El Paso Lodge No. 130; Fraternity Lodge No. 1111; Five Points Lodge No., 1137; Sunland Lodge No. 1344; Wallace Hughston Lodge No. 1393; and Coronado Lodge No. 1406, all of which are located in El Paso, TX; and

WHEREAS, Masonic District No. 60B of the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Texas is composed of two Lodges, namely Omar N. Bradley Lodge No. 1028 and Fort Hancock Lodge No. 1297, both located in El Paso, TX; and

WHEREAS, the eight Lodges of Masonic Districts 60A and 60B all lie within a 25 mile radius of each other, four of them meeting in the same location; and WHEREAS, many of the active members of these Lodges are plural members other named Lodges; and

WHEREAS, the membership would benefit by being served by the same District Deputy Grand Master and the same District Instructor.

THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that Masonic Districts No. 60A and 60B be combined into one Masonic District named Masonic District No. 60 to be composed of the eight Lodges listed above.

Joseph R. Bailey, PM, Five Points Lodge No. 1137; John E. Wood, PM, El Paso Lodge No. 130; Thomas E. Jenkins, PM, Omar N. Bradley No. 1028

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
and Resolution #7:

Referred to Committee on Purposes and Policies

WHEREAS, Masonic District No. 40 of the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Texas is subdivided into two sub-districts, namely 40A and 40B; and

WHEREAS, Masonic District No. 40A is composed of Rio Grande Lodge No. 81 which meets in Brownsville; Mercedes Lodge No. 1010 which meets in Weslaco; McAllen Lodge No. 1110 which meets in McAllen; and Donna Lodge No. 1136 which meets in Donna; and

WHEREAS, Masonic District No. 40B is composed of Point Isabel Lodge No. 33 which meets at Rio Grande Lodge No. 81 in Brownsville; Hope Lodge No. 471 which meets in Rio Grande City; Hidalgo Lodge No. 1036 which meets in Edinburg; Harlingen Lodge No. 1132 which meets in Harlingen; and Llano Grande Lodge No. 1173 which meets in Weslaco; and

WHEREAS, Donna Lodge No. 1136 desires to merge, and is in the process of merging, with Hidalgo Lodge No. 1036; and

WHEREAS, Lodges in the two sub-districts desire to realign themselves based on common interests and ease of accessibility.

THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that Masonic Districts No. 40A and 40B be realigned as follows:
Masonic District No. 40A shall consist of Hope Lodge No. 471; Mercedes Lodge No. 1010; Hidalgo Lodge No. 1036; and McAllen Lodge No. 1110; and
Masonic District No. 40B shall consist of Point Isabel Lodge No. 33; Rio Grande Lodge No. 81; Harlingen Lodge No. 1132; and Llano Grande Lodge No. 1173.

Michael Kuhlman, PM, Rio Grande Lodge No. 81

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
and Resolution #18:

Referred to Committee on Purposes and Policies

WHEREAS, all Lodges in Masonic District 120 have merged their Masters, Wardens and Secretaries Association with Lodges in Masonic Districts 37A and 37B; and

WHEREAS, Masonic District 37 consists of 11 Lodges, four in 37A and 7 in 37B; and

WHEREAS, all Lodges in District 120 are within 45 miles of those in District 37A; and

WHEREAS, the three Lodges in District 120 have voted to merge into District 37A which would make the number of Lodges in Districts 37A and 37B equal (seven in each); and

WHEREAS, all Lodges in District 37A have indicated their willingness to accept the Lodges from District 120;

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that S. B. Mosser Masonic Lodge No. 912 in Alice; Mathis Masonic Lodge No. 1132 in Mathis; and Chamberlain Masonic Lodge No. 913 in Kingsville be included in Masonic District 37A and that Masonic District 120 be abolished.

S. B. Mosser Lodge No. 912

David Duke

Premium Member
Yes I am aware of these however, these are Lodge/District initiated resolutions. According to our DDGM during his last official visit there is an appointed committee charged with looking at a statewide realignment.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
See I just briefly heard and what I got out of it was wrong. Thank you gentleman for setting me straight. I can see how some districts can benefit from it . In my district alone, I can drive to four other lodges that are closer and easier to get to than the two furthest in my district.