My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regular Grand Lodge of England

widows son

Premium Member
I've visited their site, and other than a few differences seem to follow the rules of regularity, but are clandestine. Can someone shed some light on this?
Why are they clandestine?

Frater Cliff Porter

Premium Member
I wish I could remember old boys name from Lodgeroom US...but I remember when they split and formed. My impression from the post at Lodgeroom US was the Grand Secretary at the time was passionate, interesting, and a little nuts.

That being said, they are irregular because they popped up more than two hundred years after the current grand lodge...so no room in the sandbox for another GL in England.

widows son

Premium Member
Ok but why pop up in the first place? Especially when working the same 3 degrees, same landmarks, with a few extra degrees that have been discarded

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
They don't hold any regularity, and were started like the Grand Orient of the USA for no other reason than they thought they could do Masonry better than anyone doing it now. They have been linked to in the past with degree peddling and other undesirable behavior.

I don't know if they really exist outside of an on-line presence.

S&F,
-Bro Vick

THurse

Premium Member
Brothers, this keeps me stable.Basic Fundamentals, it is wonderful to be reminded of our purposes.in life and the suffrage it took to get us where we are today. Please don't forget the fraternal bond we have.

widows son

Premium Member
According to their site they have lodges in London and other parts of Europe, and Asia, their reason for the split was because they believe UGLE has degraded the craft to a mere social club.

widows son

Premium Member
Thx brother. This rui fellow is something else. I didn't see on that site the reason for his loss of membership from the UGLE.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
The reason is always the same: Someone either doesn't get the rank he craves or misbehaves so badly that he is ejected. He then invents a "Grand Lodge" out of nothing and convinces a few people to join him.

widows son

Premium Member
I love how he invites a fraudulent monarch from Argentina to be his grand master. Bryan's right, rui probably cheesed off UGLE, and pouted for a bit then decided to start his own GL which even though was started in 2006 claims age and precedent over it. Some people's kids.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
He didn't invent Araucania or soi disant Prince Philippe. Araucania is a failed attempt at a country from the end of the 19th century, which has allegedly maintained a list of pretenders since then. As far as I can tell "inheritance" consists of making a purchase from the previous "incumbent". Philippe has apparently been playing his schtick since the 1950s. If RGLE weren't claiming Masonic ties, I would have expected endorsements from any number of episcopi vagantes who claim various dubious "lines of apostolic succession" to soon follow.

Mac

Premium Member
Ok but why pop up in the first place? Especially when working the same 3 degrees, same landmarks, with a few extra degrees that have been discarded

I tried to respond from my phone, but the app didn't work.

As far as why pop up in the first place, I think it's just like Henry VIII. When you don't like the rules that are in place, you make a new game.

Not saying the English have a history of this kind of thing, of course. :001_tongue:

jwhoff

Premium Member
As far as why pop up in the first place, I think it's just like Henry VIII. When you don't like the rules that are in place, you make a new game. :001_tongue:

I think Mel Brooks said it best.

"It's nice to be king."

:39: