Replacement furniture

Discussion in 'The Marketplace' started by Brent Heilman, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

Myself and the SS in my Lodge are trying to redo a couple of rooms and are looking for some furniture. We are looking to replace some chairs in the preparation room and some of the chairs in the lobby. Does anyone know of a good place to start looking that won't cost us an arm and a leg? Even if it needs a little work would be fine too. We all know how some of the old-timers like to hang on to the money.

2. ahkhaaron

ahkhaaron Registered User

Your local Craigslist website would be a good place to look. They have furniture sections for Free and listings to buy. I've seen some pretty nice pieces get listed for free and are usually first-come-first-serve. Looks like Oklahoma City would be your closest Craigslist site based on your lodge location. Here: http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org

Also local Goodwill/Salvation Army locations usually have some reasonable furniture prices.

3. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

My Lodge needs to revamp our anti-room. Instead of being a place of thought it's closet full of crap.

4. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

Yeah I know how that is. Ours was the same way. Too much stuff crammed into the room. Secretary complained about how it looked trashy and crowded with the candidates clothes laying around. His suggestion was to move a clothes rack into the tiny place. We just have to do something.

Share My Freemasonry