My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resolutions

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Here's the status of the Propositions:

Resolution 1:Not Passed
Resolution 2: Not Passed
Resolution 3:passed
Resolution 4:Not Passed
Resolution 5: Not Passed
Resolution 6:Not Passed
Resolution 7:passed
Resolution 8:Not Passed
Resolution 9:Not Passed
Resolution 10:Tabled for 09
Resolution 11: Passed/Amended
Resolution 12: Not Passed
Resolution 13: Not Passed
Resolution 14: Passed
Resolution 15: Withdrawn
Resolution 16: Passed
Resolution 17: Withdrawn
Resolution 18: Withdrawn
Resolution 19: Passed
Resolution 20: Passed
Resolution 21: Passed
Resolution 22: Not Passed
Resolution 23: Passed (I think)

nick1368

I have never been to GL where all resoultions were done on Friday and the only thing to take care of Sat was GM Recommendations and Elections.
MWGM Griffin runs a tight ship and will be missed, but I know he is glad his year is concluding

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
I'm somewhat upset that the Grand Masters Recommendation #2 passed.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
what was #2? requiring officers to be able to open/close lodge?

Texas_Justice85

I can see both sides of the spectrum, especially for the small rural lodges that may have only 10 actives, but if youre gonna have a ritual that separates you from other organizations, you really should know it, otherwise what are you therefor? and the only way of proving that you know it is with a cert. if you can learn the ea esoteric to be a mason, then you can learn how to open and close a lodge. if you really want it, then you can do it.

Texas_Justice85

if I can learn the work in 3 months while having two full time jobs and going to school, then anyone can at least know enough to get the cert and open and close a lodge

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
This is all true.... What I'm concerned about is these small rural lodges that only have a few people who are active..... Most of those guys are up in their 70's & 80's.... If they have to go get certified just to open & close a lodge then I've got a strong feeling that most of the rural lodges will be demising.

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
I had a long talk with two DI’s and like the Q&A in the three degrees the Lodge must be satisfied, will the DI can also be satisfied if the Brother is trying to do the work and the Lodge is short handed, who can fault the lodge?

J

JEbeling

There is only one side.. ! the grandlodge committee on work.. thru their district instructors control who ever lodge in the state puts elects as worshipful master..?

My only question is what if you install someone who has not be Certified..?

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
the punishment has yet to be decided from what I understood

That's absolutely true..... They don't have a clue on what to do..... That's exactly why PGM Harrison voiced opposition against it being passed.
And I must say from what I saw the vote was very close.... I think it should have been balloted on to see what the exact vote really was.

nick1368

I will be honest, I was surprised when I saw this recommendation. I am currently serving at JW in my Blue Lodge and before I could be elected I had to sit down with our DI and open/close MM, FC, EA and Lodge of Sorrow plus be able to give the Tiler's Oath. I just thought everyone did this. To me part of the.....umm, I don't know how to put it in to words.. dang it! The ritual part of opening/closing are just as important as the degrees...

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
I will be honest, I was surprised when I saw this recommendation. I am currently serving at JW in my Blue Lodge and before I could be elected I had to sit down with our DI and open/close MM, FC, EA and Lodge of Sorrow plus be able to give the Tiler's Oath. I just thought everyone did this. To me part of the.....umm, I don't know how to put it in to words.. dang it! The ritual part of opening/closing are just as important as the degrees...

I agree 100% with you on that..... But, can we really afford to have these rural lodges demise because of this new law change? I really hope they know what has been done.

nick1368

When I was told I had to get "certified". I was really freaked out and thought there is NO way I am going to get this done in time. But its really nothing. If you can close an EA, then you can close anything. I think it sounds more intimidating that it actually is. Of course, I would hope that no lodge suffers because of this change. I left before they tiled for t the 2nd vote for GJW...who was elected?

Wingnut

Premium Member
Prop 2 didnt require the master to get a certification, just that he has to be able to open and close the lodge. Splitting hairs maybe but there is a difference between a Class A, B, and C cert and being able to open and close the lodges. As MWGM Griffin said at his conference this year, he is a big ritualist but he misses words. The expectation isnt to be perfect, but to at least TRY to get it down.

Last edited by a moderator:

js4253

Premium Member
Premium Member
I agree with Wyndell, I don't think you have to have a C certificate, just be able to open and close all 4 Lodges. Whether the DI will be hard nosed is another question. Most of us strive for perfection, very few achieve it.

J

JEbeling

this has nothing to do with making lodge officers better.. ! it has everything to do with the power of the committee on work and the district instructors.. ! when Rite Worshipful Tommy spoke about it, he was just trying to help.. ! BUT read the proposal.. its about control.. nothing more nothing less.. ! This is bad masonic law.. and a lot of brothern bought into the good old boy just try to help speach.. ? just don't understand this one..?

Last edited by a moderator: