Restoring an Apron

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by SivadSemaj, Sep 21, 2019.

1. SivadSemaj

SivadSemaj Registered User

Good afternoon,

I recently had my first international trip and attended Dufferin Lodge A.F. & A.M. No. 338 G.R.C. out of Wellandport Ontario. If you haven't been, YOU NEED TO GO! I love my lodge, but these truly are a good group of guys.

I was given an older Master Mason's apron that needs some urgent care, and I'm wondering how I may go about restoring it to its former glory? Would Dry cleaning it be okay? Image of the apron is attached.

2. David612

David612 Registered User

It doesn’t look in bad shape at all, minor cosmetic wear but nothing significant- to my mind when given an old apron you carry on the journey of its original owner and there is something beautiful about a well worn apron.
    Wear it with pride to yourself and honour to the fraternity.
    Assuming it meets code in your jurisdiction.

Bloke and SivadSemaj like this.
  3. David612

David612 Registered User

This is mine, it was given to me by a brother and it belonged to his brother.
    Honestly it makes me very sad to think if I sit in the east I can no longer wear it. 4EBD8CE4-F8CC-4109-B261-FC1171B8467D.jpeg

SivadSemaj likes this.
  4. SivadSemaj

SivadSemaj Registered User

A most excellent and beautiful apron!

David612 likes this.
  5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Beautiful aprons Brothers!

6. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Why will you no longer be able to wear it? Certainly in any office you wear the apron of the office when carrying out the work of the office. And yes, when you are a Past Master you then have the RIGHT to wear a PM's apron and jewel. But, at least in my jurisdiction there is no REQUIREMENT that you wear a PM apron when going to Lodge. We have several PMs in our Lodge who choose to wear the same apron as everyone else.

Is there a mandate that PMs wear a PM apron in your jurisdiction?

Bill Lins likes this.
  7. David612

David612 Registered User

Indeed, we are required to wear a PM apron if that is the rank held.

8. Brother_Steve

Brother_Steve Premium Member

New Jersey requires one to wear the apron of their highest rank. A PM must wear his PM apron. A RW must wear his RW, etc.

Being an officer does not count though. I would wear my MM apron if visiting another Lodge.

Share My Freemasonry