My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning to a lodge

Justin D.

Good Day Brothers,

I was initiated in January 2013, then passed may 2014 and raised in October 2014. After being raised I only attended a few meetings, but then moved and did not find or return to a lodge until recently. Last week I found a lodge near me and went to a lodge meeting. When I stepped in the lodge on Friday night I was greeted by a Brother and remembered what I was missing for almost four years. Going from North Carolina to New Jersey was a big change for me. I was afraid it would be a completely different experience, but I felt like I had been with these Brothers for years and was welcome into the lodge like an old friend. I can't wait until the next meeting, I will be looking around my area to find other lodges. I can't say I have looked more forward to something other than my wedding (This November) in a long while. This has brought my spirits up and made me remember what brotherly love and friendship truly is. I do not plan to take a hiatus from going to a lodge ever again, even though I know things happen.

Mrredsand9

Good Day Brothers,

I was initiated in January 2013, then passed may 2014 and raised in October 2014. After being raised I only attended a few meetings, but then moved and did not find or return to a lodge until recently. Last week I found a lodge near me and went to a lodge meeting. When I stepped in the lodge on Friday night I was greeted by a Brother and remembered what I was missing for almost four years. Going from North Carolina to New Jersey was a big change for me. I was afraid it would be a completely different experience, but I felt like I had been with these Brothers for years and was welcome into the lodge like an old friend. I can't wait until the next meeting, I will be looking around my area to find other lodges. I can't say I have looked more forward to something other than my wedding (This November) in a long while. This has brought my spirits up and made me remember what brotherly love and friendship truly is. I do not plan to take a hiatus from going to a lodge ever again, even though I know things happen.
Welcome back to the brotherhood Justin! I'm sure the members of the new lodge will appreciate your enthusiasm and passion for the craft.

Red

Keith C

I am happy you found your way back to a Lodge and wish you all happiness and success in your new Masonic home.

Your story brings me hope! In the short time I have been active in my Lodge, I have seen about half the new Brothers we raise disappear soon after raising. I often wonder if they will someday be active. Your story helps me believe that same will.

Justin D.

@Keith C I believe I was brought back to the lodge for a reason. I am 28 and I believe Freemasonry is going down in numbers because no one understands that brotherly love and friendship a lodge can offer. Symbols are a lot to me and I didn't realize everything that happened. I moved to the Northeast of the US. and returned to the lodge 4 years almost to the date of being raised. That weekend I had to tar around my vents on the roof of my house and of course it required a trowel to spread it. That tells me I was brought to the northeast corner to start again, and use my working tools to spread brotherly love and friendship. Freemasonry has changed my whole attitude towards life, and I will not keep it to myself, but spread it everywhere.

acjohnson53

Glad to see you going back to yours roots Brother. Regardles of your affiliation, Brothers will welcome you with open arms, because we are Family.../G\SMIB, now get in there and go to work...

Justin D.

@acjohnson53 Thank you for those words. I can not wait to get back in full swing. I can only get to the lodge once a month with all of the events going on at my kids' school this quarter. I hope to get back in full swing after the New Year and maybe even take an office in 2020 or 2021.

acjohnson53

Bruh, you're living what you were taught on how to divide your time,. When your time come you will shine, it only take one hour to keep your mind sharp on what we do, and another Brother will keep you stead fast, because he will never let you fall without trying to help you up....That's knowledge and wisdom my Brother....