Riding the Goat today!

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by BEDickey, Mar 5, 2012.

1. BEDickey

BEDickey Premium Member

Hello Brothers! I'm fairly excited today, I pass in my work and if accepted will be riding the goat today! (riding the goat is our Lodges euphemism for taking the 3rd degree). Wish me luck and a good memory!

Bloke likes this.
  2. Brother Maples

Brother Maples Registered User

Awesome brother, hang on tight.

3. Mac

Mac Moderator Premium Member

They frown on calling it that in my area, but good luck and enjoy the journey, brother. It is a memorable evening you have ahead of you!

Once you've got your MM dues card, you should submit your application to the Texas Lodge of Research for associate membership. ;)

I saved my 300th post to be the third post in your thread about the third degree. I like that.

4. JJones

JJones Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations brother!

Btw, in Russian lodges, the goat rides you! :laugh:

On a more serious note though, I agree with Bro. Mac that it probably shouldn't actually be called that. At least not if we want to expect candidates to take it seriously.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    MarkR and Brother_Steve like this.
  5. LukeD

LukeD Registered User

Congratulations!

6. BryanMaloney

BryanMaloney Premium Member

7. BEDickey

BEDickey Premium Member

Wow! What a night! Moving to the very core of your being. For any up and coming Masons, Watch out for that Third Step, it's a doozy!

And new Picture/Avatar! Can any one see what I'm doing in this Picture? Hint, its very esoteric, and very subtle, but if you have read some of my other posts you might see it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  8. Mac

Mac Moderator Premium Member

Haha, congratulations on being raised, Brother Dickey. Are you pointing visitors to the upstairs and basement restrooms? ;)

9. BEDickey

BEDickey Premium Member

So close! In the right general area though.

10. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Congrats!!!

11. Brother_Steve

Brother_Steve Premium Member

edited: I
    My apologies. I am on mobile and inadvertently clicked on a " similar" thread after reading the goat thread and bumped a 4 year old thread.

12. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

Eight Seconds......He bucks hard to the right...Good Luck to you...

Bill Lins and Bloke like this.
  13. acjohnson53

Wish i could explain more what "Goat Riding" has to do with Free Masonry. But as you go through your Degrees you will understand. I was confused until it happened. My Goat was name "Billy"...LOL..I almost lasted the full 8 seconds but he broke left almost threw my hip out..I'm a big boy 6'6 230 then. he threw me and i landed on my head, he threw dirt on me.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Bill Lins likes this.
  14. acjohnson53

I took that third step and it was goat poop.....Lol

Bill Lins likes this.

Share My Freemasonry