My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ring Help Needed Opinions Please

Nate Riley

Premium Member
Since there are no shortage of opinions here, please give me yours! I am having a "band-style" ring made, embossed with the working tool and other emblems. The Brother that is making it has it very well laid out and here are the emblems that are currently planned for the ring:

1. 24 inch gauge
2. Common gavel
3. Plumb
4. Square
5. Level
6. Trowel
7. Compasses
8. Holy Bible (depicted as an open book)
9. Sun
10. Moon
11. 47th Problem (which I will be replacing)

As stated, I want to remove the 47th problem and add:

An All Seeing Eye
A Sprig of Acacia

What are your thoughts on the emblems? Any others that I should consider adding or removing? Blue Lodge only, as there are too many to include appendents (considering I am SR, YR and Shrine).

Thanks in advance.

Nate Riley

Premium Member
Once he removes the 47th Problem he should have no problem doing the eye. Currently, the square and compasses are separated, which is cool, but if he needs room to at the acacia, I could have him do the S&C in the traditional fashion.

Beathard

Premium Member
All of this is on a ring? Can it also be worn as a trophy belt buckle. Sounds like too much stuff.

Nate Riley

Premium Member

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
I'm with Bro. Beathard when it comes between the Acacia and the All Seeing Eye. Both mean something to me in their own way. The All Seeing Eye serves as a reminder of something in particular to me, and the sprig of course symbolizes something specific to our craft that means a lot to me. The Acacia means more to me as I don't see it all over the place and I would go for it on my ring.

It is your ring, and you get to put on whatever you want. If something means one item means more to you personally than another, put it on there. Another symbol I really like and would like to have on my ring is the beehive. I'm sure that would draw a lot of questions to folks who don't know what it symbolizes and that are not part of the fraternity, but to me it does mean something important. Enjoy your ring, Brother!

Nate Riley

Premium Member
I thought about the beehive, but I think it would be difficult to do it justice on a ring of this size.

He ran a new design and has both the acacia and the eye on it. Here is the new design.

Working%20Tools%20Ring[2].JPG

tomasball

Premium Member
The 47th problem of Euclid is the most important of all the emblems on the Master's Carpet. Why in the world would you want to omit it?

KJC

Bro. Nate, There are some interesting custom band rings on raru.com. I designed mine and had them make it. It is the Texas ring w/stars. you might get some additional ideas from that site.

LukeD

I have to agree about keeping the 47th problem on there. I would choose that before the eye or spring. There is some great info about that symbol on TSS site. It has layers of meaning most don't realize.