Rings

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by MeCorby, Sep 25, 2016.

1. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

Hi, just wondering whether you could recommend some pages selling masonic rings ideally in the UK

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

2. MBC

MBC Twice Registered User Premium Member

In my observations in the EC, not many masons wear rings like our American brethren do.
    However I have noticed that there are quite a number of British masons wear swivel rings.

Here is the website of the shop of the UGLE, which you may interest to have a look on.
    http://letchworthshop.co.uk/70-masonic-jewellery-masonic-gifts

Please be aware that normally in England and Wales, the S&C is without the G.
    Scotland always has a G in the S&C, and in Ireland only PMs can have the G within the S&C.

Edited: Forgot to add that there's no rules in the UGLE that prevent a EA or a FC to wear the S&C symbol.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Scoops, Bloke and Bill Lins like this.
  3. JMartinez

JMartinez Registered User

You can always checkout etsy I've seen some nice swivel rings on there

4. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

Thank you ever so much - I have seen UGLE shop there are couple of rings to choose from. Did any of you ever used this website http://masonicrings.com/ ???
    What would be your choice Gold or Silver ?

5. MBC

A couple but not a lot of different styles to choose with LOL
    My swivel one is Gold and the rest are Silver... not sure other brethren. But mainly I've seen in here are gold.

6. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

Would you be able to take a photo of yours ? And let me see ?
    I will definitely buy one but firstly Ill wait until My initiation and the until I pass MM degree.

Do you wear your ring every day ?

7. MBC

[​IMG]

The photo is not that good...
    I wear mine 24-7, with the exception of cleaning or working on something that I may damage it easily.
    But it's just me personally

Bloke likes this.
  8. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

It looks great,
    Most of rings Ive seen are 9ct anything more than this cost fortune !!!

Do you wear if on your ring finger or pinky ?

9. nickthomp

nickthomp NL#40 Premium Member

Masonicrings.com is a great site! I purchased my Scottish Rite ring from them. The website is owned by The Ashlar Company. They make most of the nice gold Masonic rings that can be found in the US. In fact most companies that sell rings actually get them from Ashlar then resell them. Go with gold!

MeCorby likes this.
  10. MBC

Yes it's a 9ct for me too. Ring finger for me but I've seen both.

11. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

Just trying to establish my finger size and it looks like it is UK size Z maybe Z1/2 lol I need to try them on first before I get one online.

12. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

If you are looking for an inexpensive but great looking ring I recommend Jems by Jem. They are stainless steel but really attractive rings.

13. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

Bloke likes this.
  14. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Both! My first MM ring was gold with a synthetic ruby. My SR ring is silver. My first PM ring is gold with white gold inlays. My second PM ring is tungsten. I used to cycle among my rings but once I got the tungsten one I like it so much I've worn it ever since. Mine are American style with visible emblems.

I wear mine most of the time while awake. While convalescing I'm home a lot so I'll start wearing it daily when I get back to working at the office. Compare with my wedding ring which I have only recently taken off when going in for surgery and on it went again shortly after I woke up.

Ripcord22A likes this.
  15. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

Hi again, After our conversation I have made my way to JW shop in Birmingham, initially just to try some masonic rings on, an hour later It was all done - here's result of today's visit in Birmingham. cant wait until I'll be fully entitle to wear it. [​IMG]

CLewey44, Bloke and MBC like this.
  16. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

I like it, stylish and simple.

MeCorby likes this.
  17. RhushidaK

RhushidaK Registered User

I'm getting mine made rather than buying an already made one. I would be wearing it once I get raised.
    So far, my design is ok :D Need some ideas brethren. I'm making a signet style ring, but it would have two or more symbols on its sides, like the image below.
    Though not the double headed eagle. Mine has a Square and Compass in the middle. Not sure which ones to add on the sides.

[​IMG]

One idea I had was adding the working tools of 1st and 2nd degree on either side, but that doesn't look good.
    Another was the Square and Compasses of both the degree. Again, that is not so clear, and just looks like S&C drawn thrice.

What other symbolism for Craft Freemasonry can I put?

18. Andy Westbrook

Andy Westbrook Registered User

I totally recommend you have your own ring made by your chosen design. Most manufactured rings all look alike, feel cheap and simply don't last.

I found a jeweler in Austin Texas that makes rings, told him what I was looking for and he created the design from the wax mold I wanted. Any jeweler can order the small Masonic symbols to put in the ring. I also never liked that factory store rings are really thin and bend easy. I took in several pieces of 18K and 24K jewelry from old rings to necklaces, one was a special family item too. He melted these items down, added a little gold (very little) and added my Masonic symbols.
    I'm extremely happy with my ring! Very one of a kind. It wasn't very expensive at all since I melted down my own gold. And it's thick mostly 24K and a little heavy. It's solid and most importantly there's not another one like it.

I'll try to send pics. If i can't attach pics, email me and I'll share them: adwestbr@gmail.com[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

RhushidaK likes this.
  19. RhushidaK

RhushidaK Registered User

Awesome brother. I have a Jeweler who's a family friend. He said he could make the ring for me. As of now, I have come up with a design that has the Sun on one side, and Moon and seven stars on the other side, with a Square and Compass set into Onyx. The two sides will also contain the words "Solve" and "Coagula" (Break down and construct better) which mean a lot to me.

But why do most rings I have observed have a Shovel on one side and a Plumb Line on the other? Is it something to do with the Royal Arch?

Rinesh Hegde likes this.
  20. Andy Westbrook

Andy Westbrook Registered User

It's the two most basic Masonic symbols a mason should live his life by. Don't go cheap with weight/thickness. It's your ring, so display what's in your heart.

fmasonlog likes this.

Share My Freemasonry