My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roasting a Pig

Jamesb

I hope the attachments get on here. Here is a pig I deboned and stuffed with fruit and pork products. It was pretty dang tastey

Attachments

• James 056.jpg
    James 056.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 340
  • James 057.jpg
    James 057.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 322
  • James 058.jpg
    James 058.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 320
  • James 059.jpg
    James 059.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 336
  • James 060.jpg
    James 060.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 340

Jamesb

As soon as my wife is working again. (She went back to school) I will do this again, and let everyone know. It was big fun the last time!

pha

Premium Member
Premium Member
Boy that looks good, Brother Jamesb, Hey, how comfortable are you with giving us the low down on your culinary skills, such as

1- how big a hog to use

2- how to wrap it up

3- how often to turn it over.

4- how long to cook it per pound

I tell you what Brother, my mouth is watering just asking these question's.:sc:

Jamesb

Thanks for asking brother,

I was a chef for 18yrs. (I got tired of working every weekend and holiday and 18-24 hour shifts.

The pig was about 30lbs before I de-boned it. I stuffed it with sausage and the meat from another pig a buddy of mine shot and some fruit.

I cooked it slowly for about 10-12 hours (I used a smoker) roasting it would make it cook alot faster probably about half of that.

I didn't turn it as I wanted the juices to drain into the stuffing.

I hope that helps, finding the piggy and preparing it was the tough part, once it was cooking it was sitting around and waiting (and trying not to look at it)