Royal and Select Masters.

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by widows son, Sep 10, 2013.

1. widows son

widows son Premium Member

Last night was our first meeting after going dark for July and August. During refreshment one of my brothers gave me a petition for the Royal and Select Masters, which I happily signed. It will be read during their October meeting and I will probably be investigated in that month. I will be voted on in November and hopefully go through in December. I'm excited!

2. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

Nice bro! The Cryptic degrees have become my favorite, especially the Royal Master if it is done well.

Freemason Connect HD

3. Pscyclepath

Pscyclepath Premium Member

The council degrees are pretty derned cool, and add a lot more light into the previous Royal Arch degree. With things going on, I haven't able to be as active in the council as originally planned, but will in a couple years when my blue lodge duties should ease off a little bit.

4. KSigMason

KSigMason Traveling Templar Site Benefactor

That is excellent to hear! I hope you enjoy.

5. widows son

Thanks brothers, I am very excited. The brother who gave me the petition is my mentor, and he's got an apron that he's giving me at no charge, which is awesome. Without getting into details as I don't want any spoilers but, I hear the FC degree has a place in this set of degrees.

6. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

Umm yeah I guess you could make that connection a bit, but not as much as, say, the early Chapter degrees.

Freemason Connect HD

7. widows son

"Umm yeah I guess you could make that connection a bit, but not as much as, say, the early Chapter degrees. "

• Cool. I'm just gonna wait and see. Mark Master is one of my favorites though. It's interesting how the Mark Man and Mark Master are governed by their own Grand Lodges in Britain and I believe Australia also.

8. Brother JC

Brother JC Moderating Staff Staff Member

There is a MMM Lodge in Utah, as well.

9. widows son

"There is a MMM Lodge in Utah, as well."

• Under a GL of MMM?

10. KSigMason

This isn't a spoiler alert, but here is the chronological order of the degrees and orders:

[​IMG]

11. Brother JC

12. widows son

"This isn't a spoiler alert, but here is the chronological order of the degrees and orders:"

• This might be a dumb question, but why not confer them in that order? It seems confusing that you have to be a MM to get degrees that relate to FC.

13. widows son

"under the GL of Utah."

• So does the York still confer that degree also in Utah?

14. KSigMason

They talk about this just prior to the conferring of the degree. A lot of relates back to the Great Schism in England as well as the influence of Thomas Smith-Webb and his famous monitor of 1797.

15. Brother JC

Honestly, WS, I don't know the particulars regarding Utah's Grand bodies, though I assume they are a part of the Grand Chapter, so technically part of the York "rite."
    I know a founding member (and PGM) from another forum, I'll try to get some more info from him in the near future.

16. widows son

"They talk about this just prior to the conferring of the degree. A lot of relates back to the Great Schism in England as well as the influence of Thomas Smith-Webb and his famous monitor of 1797."

• cool, I look forward to hearing about this. Thanks brother.

17. widows son

"Honestly, WS, I don't know the particulars regarding Utah's Grand bodies, though I assume they are a part of the Grand Chapter, so technically part of the York "rite."
    I know a founding member (and PGM) from another forum, I'll try to get some more info from him in the near future."

• thanks brother. Much appreciated.

18. SeeKer.mm

SeeKer.mm Premium Member

Handing my petition in for further light tomorrow.

19. widows son

"Handing my petition in for further light tomorrow."

• into which rite?

20. BroBill

BroBill Site Benefactor Site Benefactor

You will really enjoy the degrees! They fill in a lot of gaps and sort of bring the story together!

BroBill

Share My Freemasonry