My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RW Don Sargent

luftx

Premium Member
Brothers,

I should of posted this earlier, but it's been a rough weekend here in East Texas. This past Friday, R.W. Don Sargent, DDGM of District #21A passed away.

Here is his obit (from the Nacogdoches Daily Sentenial):

Funeral services for Donald C. Sargent [Don] of Nacogdoches will be at 2 p.m. , Tuesday, September 22, 2009 in the Laird Funeral Home Chapel. In Nacogdoches with Brother John Hancock officiating.

Masonic graveside services will follow in Fairview Cemetery under the auspices of the Grand Lodge of Texas A.F. and A.M.

Don was born October 3, 1958 in Nacogdoches to the late Royce C. Sargent and Jacqueline Whited. Don went to be with the Lord Friday, September 18, 2009. A longtime resident of Nacogdoches, Don was a teacher at McMichael Middle School.

Don was an active Mason for over 25 years. He was 32 degree Scottish Rite Mason, a York Rite Mason, a Knight Templar and a Shriner. Don was a member of Gray Lodge No. 329 in Houston, Highland Hills No. 1373 in San Antonio and Past Master of Milam No. 2 in Nacogdoches. He was the current Master of Tranquility Lodge No. 2000 and the current Secretary of Wells No. 915. At the time of his death, he was District Deputy Grand Master of District 21A of the Grand Lodge of Texas. He was also District Deputy Grand Master of District 3 of the Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters of Texas. Grand Masonic graveside services will be conducted by the Grand Lodge of Texas, A.F. and A.M.

Survivors include his mother, Jacqueline Whited of Houston, sister and brother-in-law, Millie and Clark Olinger of Pearland, Texas, niece and nephew, Sarah and Travis Olinger, aunt and uncle, Mary Ann and Orland Strickland of Chireno, Texas. Extended family includes Dr. Royce Strickland and wife, Melody, of Kingwood, Texas, Bobby and Kim Boatman of Chireno, Texas, Pat Metteauer of Houston, Texas, Greg and Pam Sowell of Nacogdoches, Texas, Justin Sowell and Luke Sowell. He is also survived by other extended family members and close friends. Pallbearers will be members from Milam No. 2 Masonic Lodge of Nacogdoches, Texas. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Juvenile Diabetes Association. The family will welcome friends and loved ones from 5 * 8 p.m., Monday, September 21 at the funeral home. The family of Mr. Sargent is being served by Laird Funeral Home of Nacogdoches.

Please keep his family in your prayers, I can attest, that on Friday, Masonry lost a good man, he will be sorely missed. In fact, he was supposed to give the lecture for me this coming Friday (Sep. 25) at my son's Master's Degree. Already, he's left a void that's going to be hard to fill.

Robert

PS - My apologies if this isn't the proper forum and for being so late.