My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Day of the Spring Reunion

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Got to the AASR Temple approx.6:45 A.M. Played parts in two rituals, the 18th and 29th, and in between helped herd the candidates to and fro. Got home about 5:30 P.M. Very tired but had a great time. One more day to go on this reunion, 29 April. Looking forward to it.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
@Glen Cook could you shed some light on this? Ive asked a few well versed breathen here in my valley and no one knows....in order for it to be considered a reunion doesnt it have to be the obligatory degrees either all in one day or over a few consecutive days? Splitting the degrees up over several weekends, while i like the idea, isnt a reunion is it? Wouldn't that just be a meeting with degrees?

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I'm unaware of a definition for the term in SJ statutes.

The term commonly is taken as coming together after a period of separation. A week, even a month, would not seem that way.

You're always welcome to drive next door and see how it's done in Utah.

CLewey44

Got to the AASR Temple approx.6:45 A.M. Played parts in two rituals, the 18th and 29th, and in between helped herd the candidates to and fro. Got home about 5:30 P.M. Very tired but had a great time. One more day to go on this reunion, 29 April. Looking forward to it.

Nice work, I still have never went the SR (or YR) route. I've heard the 18th is a great degree.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Not sure. This is just the way it was set up.
Im sure brother, not trying to call you out. I was just told once that a "reunion" had to be at least the obligatory degrees all in a day or over multiple consecutive days.....however after asking breathren here and then glens answer i think maybe it was just that brother who told mes oppinion and not a rule of the Supreme Council

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Im sure brother, not trying to call you out. I was just told once that a "reunion" had to be at least the obligatory degrees all in a day or over multiple consecutive days.....however after asking breathren here and then glens answer i think maybe it was just that brother who told mes oppinion and not a rule of the Supreme Council

No problem. I didn't take your comment as calling me out. We're good.