Secret society will be open to women, says new grandmaster

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Blake Bowden, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

2. rhitland

rhitland Founding Member Premium Member

You know how I feel about this one.

3. Gerald.Harris

Gerald.Harris Premium Member Premium Member

There could be a good bit of diference between being open, and having Women Masons. I feel that we are already open to women in our lodges in Texas, however I do not forsee them becoming members of our fraternity any time soon. We are having enough issues just trying to accept the concept of equality between men.

4. SSG_Morrison

SSG_Morrison Registered User

We also should keep in mind that this coming from the media. The media is very good at twisting words around. By the tone that the journalist sets, he doesn't exactly think positively of Freemasonry.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  5. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

Dang did the same person that came up with #9 put in a resolution up there?

6. ddreader

ddreader Premium Member Premium Member

why would any body even want to think about something like this? i feel nauseated. now i am getting depressed.

7. Gerald.Harris

Gerald.Harris Premium Member Premium Member

Don't get too depressed , I know most of our better halfs would never think of joining. : ))

8. ddreader

ddreader Premium Member Premium Member

I was just thinking about the shrine club meeting i went to were the ladies were present. I could see the presiding officers using all their skills of keepnig their passons within due bounds, as their wifes corrected just about everthing they had to say. I could feel their pain. It was kind of funny but also sad at the same time.

Share My Freemasonry