My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secretary Question

owls84

Premium Member
For those secretaries out there,

When do we get the dues cards and I have been told conflicting things. I have been told GL will issue notices that I send out and then I have been told I send them out. Can you tell me one way or the other? Also, will they be sending me a list of members that pay because there is no way of sorting the Database by dues payees.

david918

Premium Member
Bro.Josh,

I received my dues cards yesterday.The cards have a note on them if a member is endowed or a fifty year member,those I mail out or give them in person.I send the others a dues notice envelope we get from Grand Lodge.I'm off today and getting ready to head to the post office to buy a roll of stamps and start to work on them.Going to earn my $12.00 salary this month:)

Wingnut

Premium Member
I still say, since David brought it up indirectly, that we should encourage living members that have an endowed membership to pay at least the annual returns to GL since we arent getting any money back!

Those that do pay should have a special stamp added to their dues card: WELL

right near where it says ENDOWED

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
I still say, since David brought it up indirectly, that we should encourage living members that have an endowed membership to pay at least the annual returns to GL since we arent getting any money back!

+1.

david918

Premium Member

Those that do pay should have a special stamp added to their dues card: WELL

right near where it says ENDOWED

We have a couple of endowed members who still pay the amount of our dues

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
will they be sending me a list of members that pay because there is no way of sorting the Database by dues payees.

Your Annual Return should list the 50 or more year Brethren & the endowed members- all others (except Life Members) pay dues. The dues notice envelopes david918 referred to must be purchased from GL- they don't just send them to you.

js4253

Premium Member
Premium Member
GLOT also sells dues notices that you can put in your own envelope. Josh, you will have to keep a record of who has paid, then around May you can send a second notice. Hopefully everyone pays with the 1st notice but don't hold your breath. Good Luck

david918

Premium Member
Also don't forget the fun of trying to track down the members whose notices or cards are returned for the wrong address.

owls84

Premium Member
Well we will see. I got everything ready and will be mailing out notices this week.