My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking More Light

youngblood2002

I began my journey last year seeking a lodge in my area.I found one and was welcomed into the lodge by the brothers, as this was before their meeting began.They made me feel at home I and submitted an application.I was called back and underwent and interview/investigation. I just received word from the Senior Warden that my info has been accepted by the Grand Lodge and I will be contacted next month about my next step.Here we go...

jwhoff

Premium Member
Hmm! Now that sounds very familiar.

Forget about batteries ... you soon won't need them.

:sneaky2:

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I think he's referring to the fact that many of us have BT & DT just as you are doing. Best of luck on your journey.

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
Greetings, Brother............I see that you are joining a Lodge in District 15-A, here in Houston, Texas..........congratulations.......if you ever need anything, even if its just a prayer or word of encouragement along the way, contact me via email----towerbuilder7gmail.com Travel with your eyes and ears open, and learn what is imparted unto you...........Bro. Vincent C. Jones, Sr., Lodge Chaplain, Bayou City Lodge #228, PHA, F&AM, Houston, Texas..............

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
It truly feels like it takes forever when you are waiting. The reality is usually not very long. We had a petition read at our last stated meeting (5/8/2012) and formed a committee that person will be balloted on next month during a stated meeting. The fact is that it will be about a month. I remember when I was waiting and I kept thinking that something was wrong and I didn't make the cut. I have no doubts that you will hear something soon and then it will all be down hill from there. In the end the wait will be worth it.

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
Youngblood, Bro Heilman is correct.......depending on when your petition was submitted for Investigation, the Brothers on the Committee usually complete their investigation, and go back to the Brotherhood with their results/recommendations. Most PHA Lodges in District 15 here in Houston meet twice a month, so it may take a month or even two, as your business may be intermingled with other business affairs the Lodge may have to handle. Be patient, brother, and the Brothers will contact you when it is YOUR time...........keep us posted, and Good Luck! Bro. Jones

Cigarzan

Premium Member
It can get tedious. Hang in there. We're all here for you and as soon as they contact you, let us know!

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
I had the same "issue" Youngblood. Seemed like forever before I got a call back. I thought it was me, but as it turns out I put my petition in around the same time as officer elections were happening so it wasn't me at all, its just that the lodge had to take care of their business before voting on my petition.

Ashlar76

Premium Member
I just received word that I will start the end of this month or beginning of next month.Any suggestions?

So you will be going through initiation at the end of this month or beginning of next month? If so, go into it with an open mind and an open heart as you are about to receive a beautiful thing. It'll be a night you won't ever forget, I still remember the feeling of that night.

Oh and yeah, like it was mentioned above, do put the batteries away cause they'll no longer be needed. Congratulations to you as you embark on your journey.