My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Senior DeMolay in Texas

Phil P

Hello everyone:

My name is Phil & I am in Atascocita/Humble Texas. I am a Senior DeMolay, a Past Master Councilor of Fremont Chapter DeMolay in Fremont CA & hold the degree of Chevalier. I'm also a past Chapter Advisor of Del Norte Chapter of DeMolay in Crescent City CA & hold the advisor's Cross of Honor. I submitted my paperwork to Huffman Lodge #1428 in Huffman Texas on Dec 5 & had a great interview on Jan 5. A ballot will be taken on Monday night Feb 6 on my petition. I do have a question & it is mainly directed to the Senior DeMolays. How was the experience going thru your EA degree compared to when you got your Initiatory Degree in DeMolay? Btw, I joined DeMolay in 1983 & it was a great experience. Would love to get y'alls thoughts

Phil P

No one calls it sac town anymore....lol....im from northern ca that's y i asked

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app
LOL.....Well I was born in Oakland, grew up in Fremont (That's where I was active as a DeMolay back in the 1980s) & then after high school moved with my mom up north to Crescent City until moving to Houston in 1998. So technically speaking I know Nor-Cal too. Plus I listen to Jim Rome's sports radio show & he refers to Sacramento as Sac-Town. Even folks here in Houston call it H-town. In fact as a DeMolay the members of Pleasanton Chapter called that town P-Town

Phil P

I love cresent City! Originally from Redding

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app
My mom & I moved up there after I graduated from high school in 1987 & then I moved to Houston in '98 to get married. I always enjoyed going out 299 every once in a while to go to Fair Oaks & visit my grandmother. I did get a DeMolay Chapter started in 1991 in Crescent City & that was going for a while, but after I was asked to step down as Chapter Advisor in 1996 for "political reasons" then that chapter went down hill. I was also the last Master Councilor of my Chapter in Fremont as I had no Senior OR Junior Councilor behind be & then that Chapter closed in March of 1987 after my term was over. But at least the advisors of that board was gracious to award me the Degree of Chevalier for outstanding service to the order back in 1988, but I never got my ceremony until 1992 when I moved to Crescent City & got Del Norte Chapter going

Phil P

Got the call from the Secretary of Huffman Lodge #1428, and my petition was approved this past Monday night. I just have to text him a couple of dates in March that will work & then I'll be getting my EA degree finally. As soon as a date is firmed up I'll post it in the proper spot. Hope to see some full sidelines & in particular with Senior DeMolays and advisors

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
It'll be interesting to compare this experience to when I was initiated into DeMolay almost 34yrs ago
I did not go through DeMolay so can not give an opinion on this. But I can assure you that you will really enjoy the EA ritual. Just keep your ears open and try to remember as much that occurs as you can. But mostly.....just relax and enjoy yourself.

Bloke

Premium Member
Super stoked & excited for my EA tomorrow night. I'm already wondering what the Stewards will have on the menu......lol
Enjoy !

You've only got 3 jobs tomorrow you need to worry about; relax, listen and learn.... and I hope the ceremony leaves such an impression you don't even notice the meal...

Phil P

Enjoy !

You've only got 3 jobs tomorrow you need to worry about; relax, listen and learn.... and I hope the ceremony leaves such an impression you don't even notice the meal...
lol.....mainly I'll be looking back to my initiation into DeMolay back in 1983