Setting up xBOX 360

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Blake Bowden, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

What I enjoy about the Apple TV is that it connects flawlessly with my dedicated iTunes box. Most of my movies are DRM free and encoded in MP4 format, that being said, how can I access them via the xbox 360?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. Bro Jaime Solis

Bro Jaime Solis Premium Member

Are does movies on ur pc or u just tryin to access ur apple tv thru Xbox cuz I don't think u can

3. MikeMay

MikeMay Premium Member

My son uses his 360 to access his netflix movies, he hasn't tried to use it for Apple TV so I don't know if you can or cannot.

4. Eifert1

Eifert1 Registered User

Im pretty sure they wont connect.

5. filmgeekben

filmgeekben Registered User

sorry brother. Charlie don't surf and Xbox don't read mp4. You would need to convert the files to AVI. Try Googling for converting mp4 to AVI.

6. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

"The Xbox 360 supports videos in Windows Media Video (WMV) format (including high-definition and PlaysForSure videos), as well as H.264 and MPEG-4 media. The December 2007 dashboard update added support for the playback of MPEG-4 ASP format videos.[122] The console can also display pictures and perform slideshows of photo collections with various transition effects, and supports audio playback, with music player controls accessible through the Xbox 360 Guide button. Users may play back their own music while playing games or using the dashboard, and can play music with an interactive visual synthesizer.

Xbox 360 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Possible Solution:

Mac App Store - Connect360

7. Preston DuBose

Preston DuBose Registered User

You might also take a look at the PlayOn plugin.

Share My Freemasonry