My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shrine Pin

bgs942

Premium Member
I was recently given a Shrine Pin by someone who assumed because I am a Mason that I am in The Shrine as well. If anyone collects or would like this pin. The first person to private message me an address I will be more than happy to mail it to you.

bgs942

Premium Member
Txmason was the first to inquire about the pin last evening. Thanks for all who asked. Txmason I will get this this in the mail to you.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
I know I'm a little late commenting on this thread, but this brought back a special memory for me. I was an EA at the time I was purchasing my vehicle. While at the dealership, I ran into an older guy that had a shriner pamphlet in his front coat pocket. Me being the man that I am (very social) I asked if he enjoyed being a shriner, he then smiled and said are you a ............ Being only a EA I said woah !! I don't know enough to answer that question. He then gripped my hand and placed a lapel pin in it. He said brother times are changing and if there is anything I can do to help you, don't hesitate to call me. He then encouraged me to finish my degrees and stay with masonry for so many brothers join and never come back. After he left I looked at the lapel pin and come to find out that guy was the Potentate of the Alhambra Shrine. That day has always left an impression on me. I still have the lapel pin he gave me, I have it in my brief case pinned so as soon as you open it it's one of the first things you see. Every time I look at it it reminds me of our strong brotherhood despite our differences and issues.