My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small Town Texas Masonic E-magazine

Old Corky

Premium Member
Brothers don’t forget the monthly “Small Town Texas Masons E-magazine” featuring a small town Texas Masonic Lodge and some Texas Masonic history each month plus Masonic news, stories and pictures. Located at, http://www.mastermason.com/STTM-Emag/

Small town Lodges featured to date, Waller #808, Hempstead #749,Chalk Mountain #894, Post Oak Island #181, Mt Hiram #595 and Solomon #484.

Some small town Lodges already in the works, East Fork #650, Bellville#223, Lewisville #201, Cedar Bayou #321, Lee #435, Milam #2, Henry Thomas #278, Commerce #439, East Trinity #157, Bay City #865, Smithfield #455 and Cross Plains #627. Sounds a little ambitious for an 81 year old, but I am working on it.

If your small town Texas Lodge isn’t on the list, it’s because I haven’t found a history on the internet. But I am open to suggestions.

Corky

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jwardl

Would you still consider it a small town lodge if it is next to or enveloped by a larger city?

Old Corky

Premium Member
Sure I would consider Spring Lodge as a small town Masonic Lodge. With the history on the web site and the picture from Grand Lodge site, it’ll only be a bout a half page, but that’s no big problem.

Anyway, I have a soft spot for Spring. It had one of the weekly newspapers I used to have a column in, called “Surviving The Big Onesâ€, about growing up during the depression and WW II.

Corky

Last edited:

Old Corky

Premium Member
Brother Jwardl, Spring Lodge will be featured in the May 2009 issue of the Small Town Texas Masonic E-magazine. I did find a little more information I loved to fill out a page.

Corky

J

jwardl

Thanks, Corky. I did take a new pic of the building if it's not too late.

Where should I send it?