Small Town Texas Masonic E-magazine

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Old Corky, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Old Corky

Old Corky Premium Member

Brothers don’t forget the monthly “Small Town Texas Masons E-magazine” featuring a small town Texas Masonic Lodge and some Texas Masonic history each month plus Masonic news, stories and pictures. Located at, http://www.mastermason.com/STTM-Emag/

Small town Lodges featured to date, Waller #808, Hempstead #749,Chalk Mountain #894, Post Oak Island #181, Mt Hiram #595 and Solomon #484.

Some small town Lodges already in the works, East Fork #650, Bellville#223, Lewisville #201, Cedar Bayou #321, Lee #435, Milam #2, Henry Thomas #278, Commerce #439, East Trinity #157, Bay City #865, Smithfield #455 and Cross Plains #627. Sounds a little ambitious for an 81 year old, but I am working on it.

If your small town Texas Lodge isn’t on the list, it’s because I haven’t found a history on the internet. But I am open to suggestions.

Corky

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
  2. jonesvilletexas

jonesvilletexas Premium Member

Hello Corky!

3. jwardl

jwardl Guest

Would you still consider it a small town lodge if it is next to or enveloped by a larger city?

4. david918

david918 Premium Member

Isn't Houston a suburb of Spring? :)

5. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

thanks for sharing corky

6. gortex6

gortex6 Guest

It is beginning to seem that way. I had to move from Spring to the inner city because of the looooooonnngggg traffic lights.
    :rolleyes:

7. Old Corky

Old Corky Premium Member

Sure I would consider Spring Lodge as a small town Masonic Lodge. With the history on the web site and the picture from Grand Lodge site, it’ll only be a bout a half page, but that’s no big problem.

Anyway, I have a soft spot for Spring. It had one of the weekly newspapers I used to have a column in, called “Surviving The Big Onesâ€, about growing up during the depression and WW II.

Corky

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  8. jwardl

jwardl Guest

Thanks, Bro. Corky.

Let me know if you need anything.

9. Hippie19950

Hippie19950 Premium Member

Brother Corky, very nice site, and SUPER information. Thanks!

10. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

thanks again for sharing.

11. Old Corky

Old Corky Premium Member

Brother Jwardl, Spring Lodge will be featured in the May 2009 issue of the Small Town Texas Masonic E-magazine. I did find a little more information I loved to fill out a page.

Corky

12. jwardl

jwardl Guest

Thanks, Corky. I did take a new pic of the building if it's not too late.

Where should I send it?

Share My Freemasonry