My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMU concession

K

ksparham

In our lodge, the Masons, Eastern Star, and Rainbow Girls all serve concessions at SMU home games. We have made almost $3000 a year. They split up the earnings with the groups that help. It is a lot of work but when that check comes in, then it is definitely worth it. We had to commit about 7-8 Saturdays and the amount we earned varied from time to time.

nick1368

that is great. do you get say or post what organization you are with? that is some great community involvement.

K

ksparham

Yes, we get to wear our own shirts, but out information and talk to the customers about who we are. It was awesome because we set out a tip jar and the lodge donated all the tips to the rainbow girls, so that was almost $200 for no cost to us at all.

4thgenPM

I happen to have been at the SMU home opener this year along with my family, and I have to say that it was a fantastic feeling for my father and myself (both PMs of Caledonia Lodge #68) to know that the money we were paying for concessions was going to the Masonic family...our alma mater lost to SMU that day, but we had a great time talking to the Brethren in the concession stand and spending time with our family as well.

Keep it up, Brothers!