Social Distancing & Freemasonry

Discussion in 'Prince Hall Freemasonry' started by R. Jacques Johnson, Apr 26, 2020.

?

Should Prince Hall meetings be held on secure online platforms?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. R. Jacques Johnson

R. Jacques Johnson Registered User

Since the Coronavirus pandemic I have utilized several secure media platforms to conduct work related meetings. Should Prince Hall Masonry embrace this technology and begin to transition some of its regular communications with Zoom, with certain obvious exceptions of course? I would love to hear you opinions but please support your opinions with the pros or cons. If possible give a solution to your con if any.

2. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

It’s up to individual grand lodges to make those decisions. The tech is there, the members likely have access. Approach your WM, make it happen.

3. jermy Bell

jermy Bell Registered User

I like this concept. But there are several problems with it.
    (1) most of older members don't have internet
    (2) most older members don't know how to navigate the internet.
    But it would be a great way to have a non meeting meeting to check on everyone and to keep up on things with the members of your lodge.

4. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Depends on what you mean by "meetings"... if you are speaking of get togethers and socials and even business meetings - sure, but there should not be ritual performed IMHO

Elexir likes this.
  5. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

>should not be ritual performed

Effective ritual involves geometric structures, flows and movements, as well as right relationships. It is possible to perform such rituals in a separated group meditation, but it requires significant inner skills and sponsors.

6. R. Jacques Johnson

R. Jacques Johnson Registered User

I sincerely appreciate all of the responses. Although I have to be honest, I posted this question in the Prince Hall forum because I wanted responses from Prince Hall Masons.

7. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

The GL of New Mexico just put out a detailed list separating "Business" and "Work." Business may be conducted online.

jermy Bell likes this.

Share My Freemasonry