Some good reading for the York rite

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by widows son, Sep 18, 2012.

1. widows son

widows son Premium Member

I'm searching for some material to read about the York rite, and suggestions? Is there anything down the lines of the way morals and dogma is written? Anything would be great tho

2. BroBill

BroBill Site Benefactor Site Benefactor

Under the Education and Literature Forum, I reviewed several York Rite books that I recommend:

1. Tell Me More About the Mark Degree - Rev'd Neville Barker Cryer
    2. The History and Symbolism of Royal Arch Masonry - Edward R. Graham
    3. What Do You Know About The Royal Arch - Rev'd Neville Barker Cryer

You should be able to find my reviews in that forum. Good reading to you!

3. widows son

Thanks a lot! I'm looking forward to gettin a copy of those books

4. KSigMason

KSigMason Traveling Templar Site Benefactor

Those are some good books to start out with.

5. BroBill

They will mean more to you if you've taken the Chapter & Council degrees... i should have mentioned that before.

6. widows son

I am, in nov I'll be obtaining the mark masters degree

7. BroBill

"Excellent" (that will mean more after your degrees too). If you track down my written reviews in the Education and Literature forum, I include in each one a suggestion as to when a mason might get the most out of the reading.

Also, if you're coming up on your Chapter and Council degrees in November, I recommend you try to participate in some EA, FC, and MM degrees during October. If you can't participate, I recommend trying to sit in and watch and pay close attention to the lectures. This will get you up to speed on "the story" and the Chapter/Council degrees will be even more meaningful.

Just some recommendations! Good luck on the next leg of your masonic journey!

8. widows son

Thanks brother I am also going to become junior steward in the new, I love masonry!

Share My Freemasonry