My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some good reading for the York rite

widows son

Premium Member
I'm searching for some material to read about the York rite, and suggestions? Is there anything down the lines of the way morals and dogma is written? Anything would be great tho

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
Under the Education and Literature Forum, I reviewed several York Rite books that I recommend:

1. Tell Me More About the Mark Degree - Rev'd Neville Barker Cryer
2. The History and Symbolism of Royal Arch Masonry - Edward R. Graham
3. What Do You Know About The Royal Arch - Rev'd Neville Barker Cryer

You should be able to find my reviews in that forum. Good reading to you!

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
They will mean more to you if you've taken the Chapter & Council degrees... i should have mentioned that before.

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
"Excellent" (that will mean more after your degrees too). If you track down my written reviews in the Education and Literature forum, I include in each one a suggestion as to when a mason might get the most out of the reading.

Also, if you're coming up on your Chapter and Council degrees in November, I recommend you try to participate in some EA, FC, and MM degrees during October. If you can't participate, I recommend trying to sit in and watch and pay close attention to the lectures. This will get you up to speed on "the story" and the Chapter/Council degrees will be even more meaningful.

Just some recommendations! Good luck on the next leg of your masonic journey!