Some suggestions for the Grand Lodge of Texas...

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Blake Bowden, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

In regards to the GL Website:

1. Add a link to the Grand Lodge of Texas Facebook page. It's non-existent
    2. Post education articles, trivia, heck something. We have to give people a reason to return to the site.
    3. Change the theme. White/Yellow on black hurts the eyes
    4. Email copies of the Texas Mason Magazine to everyone on the GS's list
    5. Integrate the News and Events section on Facebook and Twitter.
    6. Create a Google Currents page. It could simply pull the RSS feeds from the GL website and format it into an easy to read format.
    7. Update the list of District Instructors
    8. Change photos on the homepage to feature "younger" Masons. Sorry Brethren, but that's who we need to attract. If it looks like a retirement home website we probably won't catch the younger generations eye. Just look at the GL of California. It's not about pomp and circumstance, or who's in power, but the Craft. Younger guys who are potential candidates could care less about a dinner, Gold Chain, or plastic name badge.
    9. Contact http://www.texterity.com/ and see what they would charge to create a digital edition of the Texas Mason Magazine. They currently produce the California Freemason Magazine.
    10. Contact Fraternal Soft and see what they would charge to create a "Texas Mason" app. The app allows Brethren to locate lodges on their phones, meeting times, and much more.
    11. I'd like to see the ALL and Life program online.
    12. Utilize Bro. Payne's Lodge Locator

Just my measly .02 ;)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  2. bullrack33

bullrack33 Premium Member

Sounds like really good ideas to me!

3. Timothy Fleischer

Timothy Fleischer Registered User

http://www.grandlodgeoftexas.org/texas_mason/2011-fall.pdf

In the Fall edition is a form asking for Brothers to volunteer to help the GRand Lodge. Brother Bowden, I know that you are very tech savvy and might want to volunteer for the Internet committee. That way you can bring some of these ideas to fruition.

4. Mac

Mac Moderator Premium Member

The ALL and LIFE programs NEED to be online. EXCELLENT SUGGESTION!

5. eagle1966

eagle1966 Guest

All very good suggestions, hope someone does something with them!

6. Brian Morton

Brian Morton Registered User

bump

I agree whole heartedly to all!!

7. Ol Kev

Ol Kev Registered User

Re: bump

DITTO!

The GL webpage is a bit lacking. We need to do everything to maximize new interest in the Craft!

8. Steve Cumbie

Steve Cumbie Registered User

Thumbs Up good ideals

9. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Very good, Brother Ol Kev.

10. Txmason32

Txmason32 Registered User

Great suggestions Brother Blake .

11. Michaelstedman81

Michaelstedman81 Premium Member

I am glad that I am not the only one that has found the GLoT website lacking. I am sure that the internet committee is pretty busy or has reasons for the way the site is, but I have often visited the site and had some of the same thoughts.

I agree with this part a lot. I guess I must be going to the wrong parts of the website, but when I do go visit the site in hopes of seeing new content, I don't really see too much new stuff on there. I remember when they revamped the site, I was pretty excited that there might be some new stuff put on there regularly, but all I kept finding was older stuff from the old site. I just don't see too much getting added to it. More educational stuff would be a very good idea, and I'm sure very appreciated by the Brothers.

12. Benton

Benton Premium Member

Very much agree with the ideas presented. With all the Masons in the state, surely someone in the Grand Jurisdiction could handle those things.

13. Michaelstedman81

Michaelstedman81 Premium Member

I wanted to give Bro. Benton a thumbs up or "thanks" thing like I used to could do for when someone made a good comment or point. But, for some reason I can't find where that option is anymore. Is it gone or in a different place? Little help here?...lol

I do agree with you that someone out there has the availability, ability, and will to take part in heping out.

14. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Ditto. We seem to have lost a few of the perks.

15. robert leachman

robert leachman Registered User

Up to date contact information for each lodge. Meaning telephone number and/or an email address of a real person from the lodge (Master or Sect. come to mind) -not the lodge phone number or email address of the lodge.

Share My Freemasonry