Sovereign Grand Lodge of Egypt

Discussion in 'International Freemasonry' started by sgle, Jul 7, 2013.

1. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

I pray for your skill and dedication in building your jurisdiction to the point it is ready for recognition. You are on the correct path. One step at a time.

2. SGLE - Cairo

SGLE - Cairo Registered User

T
    Thank you for your kind words.

yousef likes this.
  3. BullDozer Harrell

BullDozer Harrell Registered User

#4 is so incorrect. A Grand Lodge DOES NOT Charter another Grand Lodge.

4. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Grand Lodges do found other grand lodges, as seen in the recent actions by Russia. This is recognised as a legitimate foundation by both CGMNA and UGLE, see link, Principles of Recognition, Point 1. http://www.ugle.org.uk/images/files/Information_Booklet_-_2015_-_online.pdf

Bloke, Ressam and MRichard like this.
  5. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I agree with Glen... never knew about it until I came here, one of the reasons its good to be on this board..

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Warrior1256 likes this.
  6. BullDozer Harrell

BullDozer Harrell Registered User

I haven't information about the Grand Lodge of Russia. But if it was in fact the recipient of a Charter or Warrant from another Grand Lodge, it's a subordinate lodge. I 'll agree with you that one GL can help to establish another GL. This has happened all around the world and especially in North America. But that is a different matter and not the same as one GL enpowering another GL through a Warrant issued from its Body. I will wager on this information.

7. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

If I'm not mistaken:
    Regular Russian Freemasons says that -- 7 Freemasons needed -- in "Master Mason degree", initiated in Grand Lodge of Russia, to establish -- Grand Lodge of [any Central Asia Country], for example.

8. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Other way around. Russia was the "founder" (their words, see their letter of 15.05.2015) of
    the GL of Georgia, for instance. See also the 2016 CIOR CGMNA report, indicating the GL GA was "consecrated" by the GL of Russia.

How do you distinguish the UGLE language,
    "1. Regularity of origin; i.e. each Grand Lodge shall have been established lawfully by a duly recognised Grand Lodge or by three or more regularly constituted Lodges. "

I'm unaware of a CGMNA GL having been established by another GL. Example?

Do you have citations for your view?

How would you describe the founding of GL Ajerbaijan?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    MRichard likes this.
  9. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Same here. I've learned more on the forum than I have in various Masonic bodies.

10. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

Hello, Mr.Glen!
    IMHO, Citizens of Azerbaijan were -- initiated in -- GL of Russia(or Turkey). After they were raised to -- MM degree & the number of MM reached -- 7 men, they have opportunity to create National Grand Lodge.
    IMHO.

11. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

@Ressam please stop posting ur replys in your quotes. Also again please stop posting opinions on things you know nothing about!

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

12. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

I'm enterin' Forum through mobile phone & everything looks like OK with "quotes"!
    I apologize!

13. Mike Martin

Mike Martin Eternal Apprentice Premium Member

I don't know it all but I do know a lot :)

I had a chat with John (we know each other quite well) and he confirmed that you all chatted about various methods of doing things and the idea of involving any surviving members of the old Grand Lodge was mentioned but that he did not advise you to try and repone a Grand Lodge as that just isn't the way to do it.

MBC and Glen Cook like this.
  14. yousef

yousef Registered User

Hello
    i am from egypt
    i want to join to freemasonry
    please hellp me

15. yousef

yousef Registered User

Hello
    i am from Egypt and i want to join to freemasonry

Share My Freemasonry