My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting Over

Henk77

I recieved the EA in Oct 2007, It was a special thing to me, unfortunaly thats as far as I got. Events in my Life changed with Job,and Family, No excuses made I put my work to the side. I think about it all the time and it is very important to me to carry on, but my delima is I am nervous about returning to the lodge and reapplying, fear of that i let my brothers down......Any Suggestions, thanks

Spring TX MM

Premium Member
Brother,

You are not alone. The scenario that you described happens to many Brothers, more than you can count. You didn’t let anyone down, don't worry about that. I am sure they will be happier than ever to have you back. We have had many Brothers in your situation at my Lodge. In fact, last year we raised a Brother to Master Mason after he spent 10 years as an EA. He finally got to the point in his life where he could dedicate some time to the memory work. He was just elected as the Tiler of our Lodge and he is one of the most active Brethren that I know. FYI, even if you never turn in your work, you are and will always be a Mason. Now is as good of a time as any to learn the work and move through the next 2 Degrees. All you have to do is go to your Lodge and let them know what is going on and that you are interested in starting up again. If you have any questions or concerns, I would be happy to help you out further in any way I can.

By the way, what Lodge are you from and in what city and state is it located?

Fraternally,
Kyle

H

Huw

Bro. Henk,

As Kyle says, don't worry. I'm not in GLoTX, but I've met similar situations over here in England and I'm sure it's also true everywhere else. Every sensible Brother will understand that some Brethren have times in their lives when freemasonry has to take a back seat, because of family, or work, or simply not yet being really ready to get into it - and that's fine, because we specifically teach that the necessities of family and so forth should come before freemasonry in your priorities.

Now you've reached a time when you can give freemasonry some attention, and that's great. The Brethren of your Lodge will much prefer to have you back than to have you permanently lost! I'm sure they'll be delighted to hear from you. Go for it.

T & F,

Huw

Dragon

I can only mirror what others have already said. DO NOT worry about it, your brethren will welcome you back into the Lodge, and you will be another EA they will help move along their path.

Ben Rodriguez

Nothing to worry about! I would be happy to see a resting brother return to lodge to finish his Masonic education, life happens. If it makes you feel better, in certain lodges in other countries, it takes a candidate years of studying before advancing between degrees, this is what I was told by a brother from Peru. I am sure the brethren at your lodge will be more than happy to cater to your needs and help you with your work. Best of luck!