Step that was removed

Discussion in 'Prince Hall History and Research' started by drillysan, Sep 3, 2013.

1. drillysan

drillysan Registered User

Ive been studying and I need some assistance. There is said to be 6 steps that were removed from the winding stairs. What are they??

Freemason Connect HD

2. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

No mention of that in either of the jurisdictions I already know nor in the one I'm learning. Feel free to use your browser to fill out your profile to list your jurisdiction so someone from the same jurisdiction can reply with a private message arranging in person instruction.

3. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Excuse my ignorance brothers am new to the craft and interested in learning everything that I can. Am I correct in assuming that the steps mentioned are concerning the FC ritual? If so why were any steps removed?

4. ARizo1011

ARizo1011 Premium Member

There's a book "Masonry defined" it's available at my lodge amongst other old books as well, the ones that you have to be very careful while flipping the pages or they rip! Any way this book you should try to get it there's in article that is about 5-7 pages long titled "the legend of the winding staircase" this was very informative for me as a fellow craft.

5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Thank you brother.

6. Hotep357

Hotep357 Registered User

Those Men come from the United Most Worshipful Scottish Rite Grand Lodge of Tx I have encountered a lot of bogus lodges here in Arkansas including that one

7. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

In my view this is a case of elaboration of symbols without comprehension.

When we identify for which employer might we place great reliance on the integrity, the nature of the stairs is obvious and we need no longer be concerned with the number of steps

8. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

See Albert Mackey's Encyclopedia under "Winding".

9. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

Mackey provides, in my view, an excessively elaborate interpretation of a very simple symbol. The key is not the winding but the employer.

Where is the employer of the spiritual human?

10. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

The Key is knowing that those who Make Up the Lectures shall emphasize what they believe will most interest the listening audience and what shall improve the odds of having them return for more of the same.

Share My Freemasonry