My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steps removed

drillysan

I'm studying and need assistance. Can anyone tell me the 6 steps that were removed from the winding stairs and why??

Freemason Connect HD

dfreybur

Premium Member
Yeah, I've never heard of any steps being removed.

There are short and long forms of lectures and ritual that is present in some jurisdictions not in others. So there are parts or sections that have been removed but nothing called steps. One of the popular appendent bodies has degrees that have been declared optional. Again not called steps.

ARizo1011

Premium Member
There are short and long forms of lectures and ritual that is present in some jurisdictions not in others. So there are parts or sections that have been removed but nothing called steps. One of the popular appendent bodies has degrees that have been declared optional. Again not called steps.

Brother you actually enlightened me and made me want to see a Fellow Craft degree in Texas when I go visit my daughter because I believe you said that the lecture is the extended version and here in FL I believe is the short version. Or the not to detailed version -_-

Thanks thou always good to know there's more to the degree then what is seen.

dfreybur

Premium Member
Brother you actually enlightened me and made me want to see a Fellow Craft degree in Texas when I go visit my daughter because I believe you said that the lecture is the extended version and here in FL I believe is the short version. Or the not to detailed version -_-

Thanks thou always good to know there's more to the degree then what is seen.

If you attend a Texas second you will sit in astonishment at how fast it goes and how much has been removed. It's the most trimmed I've seen in my travels. Go elsewhere for the longer versions.

ARizo1011

Premium Member
If you attend a Texas second you will sit in astonishment at how fast it goes and how much has been removed. It's the most trimmed I've seen in my travels. Go elsewhere for the longer versions.

Where would you suggest for longer versions brother?

dfreybur

Premium Member
Where would you suggest for longer versions brother?

Both California jurisdictions have a pretty long second but I think more states do than don't. If you ever find anyone who does a "Dewdrop lecture" as a supplement that's where to go! Because ritual is fixed in most jurisdictions supplemental lectures would need to go in a free-form part of a meeting somewhere between the end of the degree and the end of the closing.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
NM's is fairly long, though the dewdrop portion isn't part of it, even in the older monitors I've read.