Steps removed

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by drillysan, Sep 3, 2013.

1. drillysan

drillysan Registered User

I'm studying and need assistance. Can anyone tell me the 6 steps that were removed from the winding stairs and why??

Freemason Connect HD

2. Levelhead

Levelhead Premium Member

No idea what your studying. But your question seems suspicious.

3. BryanMaloney

BryanMaloney Premium Member

They were the 7th, the 9th, and the 15th through the 18thth. Reason? They were creaky.

BroBook, MBC, Bill Lins and 1 other person like this.
  4. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Yeah, I've never heard of any steps being removed.

5. vangoedenaam

vangoedenaam Premium Member

Wasnt the whole temple removed?

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

MBC likes this.
  6. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

There are short and long forms of lectures and ritual that is present in some jurisdictions not in others. So there are parts or sections that have been removed but nothing called steps. One of the popular appendent bodies has degrees that have been declared optional. Again not called steps.

7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

News to me too although I am relatively new to Masonry.

8. ARizo1011

ARizo1011 Premium Member

Brother you actually enlightened me and made me want to see a Fellow Craft degree in Texas when I go visit my daughter because I believe you said that the lecture is the extended version and here in FL I believe is the short version. Or the not to detailed version -_-

Thanks thou always good to know there's more to the degree then what is seen.

9. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

If you attend a Texas second you will sit in astonishment at how fast it goes and how much has been removed. It's the most trimmed I've seen in my travels. Go elsewhere for the longer versions.

10. ARizo1011

ARizo1011 Premium Member

Where would you suggest for longer versions brother?

11. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Both California jurisdictions have a pretty long second but I think more states do than don't. If you ever find anyone who does a "Dewdrop lecture" as a supplement that's where to go! Because ritual is fixed in most jurisdictions supplemental lectures would need to go in a free-form part of a meeting somewhere between the end of the degree and the end of the closing.

12. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

NM's is fairly long, though the dewdrop portion isn't part of it, even in the older monitors I've read.

Share My Freemasonry