My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Straight,Safety, Or Disposable Razor

What type of Razor do you use.

• Total voters

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
What is your favorite way to shave.

1.The old Straight razor.

2.The Not as old Safety Razor

3.Modern Disposable Razor.

4. Duck Dynasty Style. I don't shave at all. Just let it grow and flow.

I currently use a Disposable but thinking of switching to a Safety Razor. Don't think I have the nerve to try a Straight Razor at 2am. I would probably show up at work looking like something out of the Walking Dead.

Last edited:

Txmason

Aww your a handsome guy yourself jwhoff! Guess what! I got my real estate license! So if you know any bro realtors let me know or anyone that needs help let me know.

Hope your doing well!

"Without exertion there can be no progress." Bear Grylls

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
I just ordered a Parker 60R Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor & 5 SHARK Super Chrome blades plus a Van Der Hagen Premium Shave Set (Soap, Bowl, Brush) from Amazon. now that I will be set up lets see if I cant save a little on shaving and have closer shave to boot.

Txmason

Use a pre shave oil like Olive oil. Wet your face then get a thin towel or washcloth, wet it and throw it along with a mug of water in the microwave for a minute or two. Then apply hot water to your face then a pre shave oil just enough to lubricate your face then apply the hot towel press gently and let the hot towel sit in your face for a mintue or so. Then wet your shaving brush, squeeze out the excess water and swirl the brush around on your shaving soap to get the bristles coated with soap then swirl your brush in the warm mug after you have emptied out the hot water. Then cover your face with the shave cream on the brush. Then shave in one direction only for at least a week to get your skin used to the new razor. Shave with the grain forward before attempting going across the grain etc. Also google Matic 59 he is a great resource for shaving how to'a. Also check out www.badgerandblade.com. I am on there as Txmason. Let me know if you have any questions.

Bro. Jerry Johnston

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
I am on there now too same name

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
i do not believe that a full 2/3 of you guys use a safety razor to shave with...

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/01/04/how-to-shave-like-your-grandpa/

are we still claiming that 66% are safety razor users?

btw, that's all I use. I love it. ingrown hairs are a thing of the past and I suggest it for anyone.

I am claiming to be new to the de safety razor. I have had mine now for about a month. I made the change due to relentless razor burn from fusion cartridge. I do not anticipate going back unless I was on the road and need a shave in a pinch. I borrowed a straight from brother after I had been shaving with de safety about two weeks. I like the shave and will go that way in the future when my wife isn't paying close attention to how much my shaving supplies are costing.

Last edited:

Txmason

DJ

I forgot my username is: Talltexan on B&B my mistake

Daniel

I use a Merkur safety razor Mon thru Fri, and a straight razor on the weekends.

My Freemasonry HD