My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Symbols

Jamesb

If I put a sq and compass on my car. Then I loan my car to a friend who is not a MM are either one of us breaking masonic law?

owls84

Premium Member
I am not a genius here but I believe Art. 505 only covers change of ownership. I would think you are ok.

Art. 505 Para. 3(h) Use the Square and Compasses emblem on commonly accepted items of jewelry, such as lapel pins, tie tacks, tie chains, tie bars, rings and belt buckles and on articles of clothing such as caps, ties, shirts, and jackets – regardless of manufacture or source of supply.

To prevent improper use, Texas Masons are required to remove the Square and Compasses
emblems from autos or clothing prior to changing ownership or discarding

Jamesb

I have been borrowing a friends car while my truck has been in the shop. A brother called me a few minutes ago and said he saw it "cruzing down the road" It just made me think...hmmm

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
My engine blew this past week and one of my first thoughts is whether or not I should remove the emblems. Right now it's just sitting though.

MGM357

Both vehicles we own have the S&C decals. I told my wife to watch her "road rage" !!!

Having the S&C on the vehicle she mostly drives, reassures me that if she were to be in bind, that a Brother could help.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
If there's a Grand Lodge function (GM's Conference, etc.) scheduled for your area, they usually have a merchandise table there where you can buy emblems, stickers, pins, etc. Check the GL website (www.GrandLodgeofTexas.org) for upcoming events

tom268

If I put a sq and compass on my car. Then I loan my car to a friend who is not a MM are either one of us breaking masonic law?
Your friend cannot break any masonic law. They just do not apply to him. These are internal community rules without any legal character outside that community. At least, that's how it is here, and I doubt it is much different in the US.

Casey

Mandalorian
Premium Member
My wife's car has the blue slipper sticker on it. As does my daughters backpack have the pin. My wifes traveling jacket also has the blue slipper pin. Hopefully should either of my girls ever be away from me and need help a brother would spot them