My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas Justice is now a Master Mason

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Okay, I went back up to Grand Lodge tonight for his MM degree, and HOLY COW! That was the most moving and impressive MM I've ever seen...bar none. There were probably 300-400 Masons in the audience, organ music played during the procession, and when the Bible was given, the lights were shut off and the Altar was lit.....WOW WOW WOW. Mr. Texas J. was a cool cat, I would of freaked when the mask was lifted! Then, of course the Grand Master of Texas was the WM during the degree as was a handful of Grand Lodge Officers. The Bible given also had the Grand Masters Seal imprinted in wax inside. Folks, it doesn't get any better than that. Congrats again Brother Thomas on being Raised to the sublime degree of a Master Mason.

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
Okay, I went back up to Grand Lodge tonight for his MM degree, and HOLY COW! That was the most moving and impressive MM I've ever seen...bar none. There were probably 300-400 Masons in the audience, organ music played during the procession, and when the Bible was given, the lights were shut off and the Altar was lit.....WOW WOW WOW. Mr. Texas J. was a cool cat, I would of freaked when the mask was lifted! Then, of course the Grand Master of Texas was the WM during the degree as was a handful of Grand Lodge Officers. The Bible given also had the Grand Masters Seal imprinted in wax inside. Folks, it doesn't get any better than that. Congrats again Brother Thomas on being Raised to the sublime degree of a Master Mason.
Sounds AWESOME....I sure wish I could have been there to see that.

TexMass

I got to see the MM degree at GL in 2000. Your experience sounds so much better. When I went, they had a lodge perform their third degree on a candidate. I don't remember any GL Officers there or the music. Sounds like a great time.

I did forget to mention in all my comparisons with MA and TX. In MA they have organ music at every lodge. The Organist is one of the line officers.

nick1368

I am very sorry I missed. I am sure it was very moving. My very best friend and Brother had the Bibble presentation done my the Grand Orator Brack Jones a few years ago. It was a moving experience in our Lodge room, I can only imagine what it was like in our beautiful Grand Lodge....Congrats Brother

Texas_Justice85

that was hands down one of the greatest experiences I ever had. that was truly, truly amazing. I am so greatful for everything that my Lodge has done for me and the brothers who have been there for me. The people that I have met on the forum are seriously some of the coolest and most down to earth people I have ever met, even tho most of whom were aggies ;). Thanks for coming up to greet me Blake and thank you to Tom(ctp2nd) who bought my meal at Georges and some cold beer at Crickets in honor of my degree. Getting to meet the MW was an incredible honor, much less having him confer my degree. Many brothers came up to me and said it was the best MM degree they have ever seen performed and I am blessed to having been mine. Having one of only 9 Masonic Bibles stamped by the MW sealed the deal. I still havent taken it all in yet but it will be an experience I will never forget and I hope I will be able to pass that experience to another worthy candidate. For those of you who were there, I appreciate you guys staying for it. Thanks again brethren, this only further concretes that I have made the right decision to be made a Mason.

Last edited:

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
i got really, really sick during the degree. i had taken a bunch of cold medicine like 2 hours before... and when he was going to the three stations, my nose started bleeding profously.

so, sorry about that one, had to bail in the middle of it... but the parts i did see were pretty good.

met Tim up at circkets afterwards, though. blake got it right with "cool cat"

J

JEbeling

Yep.. ! I was the Tiler.. ! was a great degree.. ! Most Worshipful Tommy did a great job.. ! also the Bible presentation was very good.. !

The young man who gave the lecture was very good.. ! didn't know who he was or where he was from..?

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I am very sorry I missed. I am sure it was very moving. My very best friend and Brother had the Bible presentation done my the Grand Orator Brack Jones a few years ago. It was a moving experience in our Lodge room, I can only imagine what it was like in our beautiful Grand Lodge....Congrats Brother

Bro. Brack did the Bible presentation in TJ_85's degree also.

The lecture was given by Bro. Duane Anthony- he's a DI from Bridge City or thereabouts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I literally had chills. Not only because it was a forum member, but the raising of a Brother. I was sitting in the DDGM area (oops), and Brother, you had many Grand Lodge officers there. Even though this was a rare occasion, I can only hope it will be continued by the new Most Worshipful. It was beautiful and God Bless you Brother.

Texas_Justice85

also, one of the members of the committee on work is a cousin of mine (Terry Stogner), he kept telling me how much he wanted to come to my other degrees but didnt have the time, now he was in it.

E

eagle1966

congrats my brother look forward to chatting with you here on this board and sometime maybe next year at GL meeting you

Gerald.Harris

Premium Member
Premium Member
Texas Justice, Congratulations and welcome to the world's finest fraternity. I had the honor of being part of your MM degree, and I can honestly say that in my 30 years of working in all of the degrees, this was one of the finest I have worked in.I believe the Junior Past Grand Master nailed it.

Last edited:
J

JEbeling

Brother Harris you are right.. ! think the setting of the Grand Lodge will give this young man something to remember all his life... !

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I assume MW Tommy Griffin confered the degree?
Now the trick will be not thinking at all the other Master Mason degrees you will see, how much better the first one was. lol I bet that was an awesome degree congrats Brother.