My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men"

by Christopher Hodapp

As I reported last week, I managed to fall and break a bone in my ankle ten days ago. No great story to regale you with — no spectacular bar fight, no mishap on my tricky ascent up the north face of Mount Schmatterhorn, no I wasn't worked over by a gang of pirates or bootleggers. I just managed to get a leg cramp after standing up all weekend and fell over, snapping the joint on my fibula (the big, thick drumstick bone in your leg). So, I go in Friday morning for surgery when they'll fix it using the same technology I use in my own poor attempts at carpentry: drive a handful of screws in it and spackle over the problem.

The immediate bad news is that I must cancel my speaking engagement next Tuesday, September 5th at New York's Pelham Lodge 712 in the Bronx. I've spent two days on the phone with Brothers Hanson Cuthbert and Matthew Aponte trying to come up with a suitable solution (possibly driving to Indy, renting a flatbed trailer, and lashing me down onto it in a LaZBoy for an exciting road trip). But with the surgery, recovery, and followup appointments afterwards, I can't even commit to cogently presenting on video, as it's probable I'll still be loopy on pain-killing hallucinogens next Tuesday night. So, my deepest apologies to the lodge and to everyone who was planning on attending. I'm even more disappointed than you, I assure you. As soon as I am more certain as to recovery time, we will reschedule the event.

I also have events scheduled in October and late November, in Ohio and Connecticut. I'm not canceling those engagements at this time, but I will know a lot more in about a week or so.

Continue reading...