My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Birth of the Illuminati Conspiracy

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
At the beginning of 1797, John Robison was a man with a solid and long-standing reputation in the British scientific establishment. He had been Professor of Natural Philosophy at Edinburgh University for over twenty years, an authority on mathematics and optics, and had recently been appointed senior scientific contributor on the third edition of the Encyclopaedia Britannica, to which he would eventually contribute over a thousand pages of articles. Yet by the end of the year, his professional reputation had been eclipsed by a sensational book that vastly outsold anything he had previously written, and whose shockwaves would continue to reverberate long after his scientific work had been forgotten. Its title was Proofs of a Conspiracy against all the Religions and Governments of Europe, and it launched on the English-speaking public the enduring theory that a vast conspiracy, masterminded by a covert Masonic cell known as the Illuminati, was in the process of subverting all the cherished institutions of the civilised world and co-opting them into instruments of its secret and godless plan: the tyranny of the masses under the invisible control of unknown superiors, and a new era of ‘darkness over all'.

Full article at: http://www.realitysandwich.com/birth_illuminati_conspiracy

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
I read a good article the other day about how most conspiracies are invented and maintain because they wrap the chaos of the world into a neat package, or at least attempts to on the surface. They had some valid points. And I know most of us have used conspiracies as a way to cope with something we don't quite understand or want to believe. For example, I can see that most people wouldn't want to think that people could be capable of the level of violence and terror of the French Revolution, but terror events like this still go on today.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
yea, that's what this article is saying. it explained the french revolution to all the people that were wondering why all these crazy reports were coming out of france and just exploded from there.