My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer

CajunMason75

Hey guys, have any of you read the aforementioned book?

The back of the book says, "Six minutes from now, one of us would be dead. None of us knew it was coming. So says Wes Holloway, a young presidential aide, about the day he put Ron Boyle, the chief executive's oldest friend, into the president's limousine. By the trip's end, a crazed assassin would permanently disfigure Wes and kill Boyle. Now, eight years later, Boyle has been spotted alive. Trying to figure out what really happened takes Wes back into disturbing secrets buried in Freemason history, a decade-old presidential crossword puzzle, and a two-hundred-year-old code invented by Thomas Jefferson that conceals secrets worth dying for."

I started the book and on pages 20-21 I got turned off by, "That same day, to add another knife in our necks, the man who killed Boyle-Nicholas "Nico" Hadrian-announced that although he had taken multiple shots at the President, he never intended to hit him, and that it was just a warning for what he called "the secret Masonic cult intent on seizing control of the White House in the name of Lucifer and his hordes in Hell."

I know this is a work of fiction and the author explains all that in his notes. I just don't want to waste my time if he paints Freemasonry in evil intentions or Satanically motivated. Thanx guys!

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
Brad "Taxil" Meltzer likes to milk the conspiracy theories on Freemasonry. Personally, I've gotten where I can't stand the man. He's just making a buck off the backs of other people's good names now.

Martin O

His show "Decoded" has yet to decode anything, some aspects of it are entertaining but whenever they talk about any type of secret society they manage to flash masonic file footage. I guess that well will never run dry for Milkzer.

CajunMason75

Ok. I really appreciate the information. My daughter spotted the square and compass that were representing the letter A in Fate of the book's title in Half Priced Books, "I found a Mason book, Daddy!" So, I got it to make her happy. Thanx guys!

jwhoff

Premium Member
It's definitely a shallow show. Caught a few notes on a channel surf a few weeks ago. I guess it was a slow night for wrestling and the preachers. I made it all the way to Cheaters before settling in on something meaningful.

Gotta go, Orson Wells is talking about something going on up in Grogan's Mill. I'll get back with you later.