The Book of Sitra Achra

Discussion in 'Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality' started by hanzosbm, Aug 16, 2019.

1. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

(Warning: this book is some heavy, dark stuff. You may or may not believe in it, but don't say I didn't warn you)

Is anyone familiar with this grimoire? I stumbled upon it awhile ago and only bothered with the first chapter (the Genesis story from their point of view) but found it to be an interesting take on creation with a Gnostic twist.

I don't buy into their ideas in general, but the part I read really offered some new perspectives on things. Wasn't sure if anyone else here has had experience with it.

2. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

The mirror of the Sefirot is bound to be dark... I have heard of it under different names but never explored it personally.

3. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

"the Archonic forces are not approached in a passive manner and instead opposed forcefully"

Humans that cannot control their thoughts go out to manipulate dark intelligences! What could possibly go wrong?

4. David612

David612 Registered User

It’s on my list but haven’t picked up a copy yet

5. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

The book is highly written from a 218 point of wiew and is hatefull against sephiroth. Its usefull from their point of wiew but is in reality only how they see it, they dont claim to be objective.

Personly I would recomend https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4520246-qabalah-qliphoth-and-goetic-magic as it has a less dualistic wiew on things.

6. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

Wrong.
    They actully work togheter with the dark forces to bring down the archons and THE created cosmos. In 218 its wiewed that only certain individuals with the black flame can work with the system.

7. Christopher Quinten

Christopher Quinten Registered User

Thanks for bringing this up. I had never heard of it before but I looked it up and read what you reference out of curiosity. Wow, what a read. Very, very interesting take on creation and the process of emanation.

First, without agreeing with any of it, I find the theological proposition fairly well-constructed. I found that it answered most of my immediate attempts to poke holes in the logic as I continued to read. I still think there are gaps but I also haven’t read the whole book and probably won’t.

Second, I find it a more satisfying explanation for the origin and nature of the right/left duality than any I’ve heard before from those who follow a theistic left-hand path.

Third, I found the innovations (versus other similar theological propositions I’ve heard) answered questions I didn’t know I had in ways I found interesting. For example, if God has chosen to emanate himself, why should we pursue reintegration rather than bowing to his will? While more traditional theurgical practices have answers to this that I find satisfying, it was interesting to me to see this question answered by redefining emanation as an axiomatic evil. In addition, there’s a certain amount of sense in applying something similar to the Freudian life and death drives to the cosmos writ large.

Also, I liked the little callback to Genesis 1:2 in the columns of the Qliophothic tree: “And the earth was without form and void (tohu wa-bohu) and darkness (chosekh [not sure why they use “chasek”]) was upon the face of the deep.”

Overall, very interesting. Not something I would work with, but I could see the appeal.

hanzosbm likes this.
  8. JamestheJust

What humans refer to as evil may be better seen as the results of:

- outmoded forms of good
    - feuding in cosmic families
    - imbalance across the simultaneous flows of out-breath and in-breath of the Source.

9. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

That's how I viewed it as well. I'm personally of the opinion that all religions tell the same story if you're willing to accept that they are doing so from a different point of view. This version of creation, as you said, filled in some gaps on the traditional Genesis creation story. Not saying it's fact, but it was very interesting.
    I like the almost Pythagorean expansion from monad, to dyad, or rather separation. Also, the stark difference between the massless thought and thoughtless mass not only reinforced Hermetic and Gnostic teachings, but also some recent thoughts I've had about the opposing waveforms in the EM spectrum.

While I don't agree with their stance on who is right and how to proceed, I found this additional insight into the Genesis creation story enlightening.

Christopher Quinten likes this.
  10. JamestheJust

>opposing waveforms in the EM spectrum

The same principle applies at etheric, astral and mental levels - out-of-phase waves cancel

Share My Freemasonry