My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Book of Sitra Achra

hanzosbm

Premium Member
(Warning: this book is some heavy, dark stuff. You may or may not believe in it, but don't say I didn't warn you)

Is anyone familiar with this grimoire? I stumbled upon it awhile ago and only bothered with the first chapter (the Genesis story from their point of view) but found it to be an interesting take on creation with a Gnostic twist.

I don't buy into their ideas in general, but the part I read really offered some new perspectives on things. Wasn't sure if anyone else here has had experience with it.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
The mirror of the Sefirot is bound to be dark... I have heard of it under different names but never explored it personally.

Elexir

(Warning: this book is some heavy, dark stuff. You may or may not believe in it, but don't say I didn't warn you)

Is anyone familiar with this grimoire? I stumbled upon it awhile ago and only bothered with the first chapter (the Genesis story from their point of view) but found it to be an interesting take on creation with a Gnostic twist.

I don't buy into their ideas in general, but the part I read really offered some new perspectives on things. Wasn't sure if anyone else here has had experience with it.

The book is highly written from a 218 point of wiew and is hatefull against sephiroth. Its usefull from their point of wiew but is in reality only how they see it, they dont claim to be objective.

Personly I would recomend https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4520246-qabalah-qliphoth-and-goetic-magic as it has a less dualistic wiew on things.

Elexir

"the Archonic forces are not approached in a passive manner and instead opposed forcefully"

Humans that cannot control their thoughts go out to manipulate dark intelligences! What could possibly go wrong?

Wrong.
They actully work togheter with the dark forces to bring down the archons and THE created cosmos. In 218 its wiewed that only certain individuals with the black flame can work with the system.

Christopher Quinten

Thanks for bringing this up. I had never heard of it before but I looked it up and read what you reference out of curiosity. Wow, what a read. Very, very interesting take on creation and the process of emanation.

First, without agreeing with any of it, I find the theological proposition fairly well-constructed. I found that it answered most of my immediate attempts to poke holes in the logic as I continued to read. I still think there are gaps but I also haven’t read the whole book and probably won’t.

Second, I find it a more satisfying explanation for the origin and nature of the right/left duality than any I’ve heard before from those who follow a theistic left-hand path.

Third, I found the innovations (versus other similar theological propositions I’ve heard) answered questions I didn’t know I had in ways I found interesting. For example, if God has chosen to emanate himself, why should we pursue reintegration rather than bowing to his will? While more traditional theurgical practices have answers to this that I find satisfying, it was interesting to me to see this question answered by redefining emanation as an axiomatic evil. In addition, there’s a certain amount of sense in applying something similar to the Freudian life and death drives to the cosmos writ large.

Also, I liked the little callback to Genesis 1:2 in the columns of the Qliophothic tree: “And the earth was without form and void (tohu wa-bohu) and darkness (chosekh [not sure why they use “chasek”]) was upon the face of the deep.”

Overall, very interesting. Not something I would work with, but I could see the appeal.

hanzosbm

Premium Member
Thanks for bringing this up. I had never heard of it before but I looked it up and read what you reference out of curiosity. Wow, what a read. Very, very interesting take on creation and the process of emanation.

First, without agreeing with any of it, I find the theological proposition fairly well-constructed. I found that it answered most of my immediate attempts to poke holes in the logic as I continued to read. I still think there are gaps but I also haven’t read the whole book and probably won’t.

Second, I find it a more satisfying explanation for the origin and nature of the right/left duality than any I’ve heard before from those who follow a theistic left-hand path.

That's how I viewed it as well. I'm personally of the opinion that all religions tell the same story if you're willing to accept that they are doing so from a different point of view. This version of creation, as you said, filled in some gaps on the traditional Genesis creation story. Not saying it's fact, but it was very interesting.
I like the almost Pythagorean expansion from monad, to dyad, or rather separation. Also, the stark difference between the massless thought and thoughtless mass not only reinforced Hermetic and Gnostic teachings, but also some recent thoughts I've had about the opposing waveforms in the EM spectrum.

While I don't agree with their stance on who is right and how to proceed, I found this additional insight into the Genesis creation story enlightening.

Anattan

This is probably one of the most dangerous books I have read. It is not only accurate but instructive. It is also fairly honest in the consequences but just to be clear using this grimoire will permanently sever your soul from your personal spirit. Forever. Those who ignorantly believe that personality is self and utilize this easy path will find short term gain at the cost of permanent separation from the Great architect.
It is a good information piece only to be studied by those who are free of worldly desire. Also do not gaze too deeply at the sigils as they may imprint on your mind and have ongoing consequences.
I would also remind breathren that snakes and dragons exist in both the light as well as the darkness So do not let a book like this poison you against investigations of this terminology.

Elexir

This is probably one of the most dangerous books I have read. It is not only accurate but instructive. It is also fairly honest in the consequences but just to be clear using this grimoire will permanently sever your soul from your personal spirit. Forever. Those who ignorantly believe that personality is self and utilize this easy path will find short term gain at the cost of permanent separation from the Great architect.
It is a good information piece only to be studied by those who are free of worldly desire. Also do not gaze too deeply at the sigils as they may imprint on your mind and have ongoing consequences.
I would also remind breathren that snakes and dragons exist in both the light as well as the darkness So do not let a book like this poison you against investigations of this terminology.

There is no short term goal. The end goal of 218 (or chaos-gnostic satanism) is to bring down the whole creation and return everything to chaos. The book is only meant for enemys of the great architect.

Anattan

It is far to easy to find. It took me no time at all to secure an electronic copy. Studying a dark document such as this must be taken seriously and with great caution. We must respect and have compassion even for the enemy so that we deny the division they seek to sow. Even the purest chaos shall return to the unity of the loving light of the Great Architect.

Elexir

It is far to easy to find. It took me no time at all to secure an electronic copy. Studying a dark document such as this must be taken seriously and with great caution. We must respect and have compassion even for the enemy so that we deny the division they seek to sow. Even the purest chaos shall return to the unity of the loving light of the Great Architect.

They do not seek to sow any division, where did you get that idea? The book (and the rest of the published material) was written for a select few who holds the satanic black flame within themself.
Its not written with the general public in mind at all.

Anattan

They do not seek to sow any division, where did you get that idea? The book (and the rest of the published material) was written for a select few who holds the satanic black flame within themself.
Its not written with the general public in mind at all.
Brother,
The whole book is open and honest about opossing the light. Opposition is division. As for the black flame by seeking deeper understanding it will reveal the truth of how widely integrated it already is in this form we call humanity.

Anattan

I
There is a proposition that all true dark magicians are not human, and that the humans that perform such workings are only puppets. Still, the pay is supposedly good - power over other humans!

Recently I was shown in meditation a large group of ancient black magicians that are still oppressing humans that are spiritually valuable. I recognized three men in the group of magicians. They are incarnated again - around a specific target.

Thus we see the real problem with dark magic. It is very difficult to escape, even after many thousands of years.

One of the three, having spent several recent lifetimes in fruitless mental search for spiritual progress is only now experiencing transcendental states. I expect that within one or two incarnations he will escape the dark group that captured him.
It will depend on the transcendental state, the damage already made to their humanity and the strength of bond within that group.
Transcendental states are many and varied also illusions are far more powerful to ones bound in dark service. Their masters easily manipulate and torment the spirits under their control.
That being said their are some great mysteries that can see even the blackest soul redeemed.
Thank you for sharing.

Elexir

The link does not show much of the text, but looking at page 72, it seems to take the position of one of the main factions of Sumerian gods.

That faction does not seem particularly evolutionary in its actions and is certainly not supportive of the spiritual development of Earth humans.

I think you summed it up in the last paragraph.
218 (or chaos-gnostic satanism) do not seek to evolve humanity but the people who work with it seek to dissolve or destroy the created universe and return everything to its original state as chaos. There is some concepts stated on the website that was futher developed in certain documents to clarify certain ideas.

Elexir

>the people who work with it seek to dissolve or destroy the created universe and return everything to its original state as chaos

So these magicians believe in free will for themselves but not for others

They are satanists, the magical work is just a part of their religious belife.
They are not intressted in others in general so they dont even care.

hanzosbm

Premium Member
I personally find it interesting that, in seemingly polar opposite views, by adjusting one's take on things, you can come to the same conclusions.

The idea that chaos (as the 218 term it) is actually a blending of all existence, both material and spiritual, that split at creation, and that they are trying to force to return, could easily be viewed as wanting to return to a reunification of the material and spiritual. What is man, if not a unification of the material and spiritual? What they seek to devolve to through destruction is what many feel the Great Architect aspired to in creation, albeit on a much smaller, yet infinitely repeated scale. As above, so below.

Elexir

I personally find it interesting that, in seemingly polar opposite views, by adjusting one's take on things, you can come to the same conclusions.

The idea that chaos (as the 218 term it) is actually a blending of all existence, both material and spiritual, that split at creation, and that they are trying to force to return, could easily be viewed as wanting to return to a reunification of the material and spiritual. What is man, if not a unification of the material and spiritual? What they seek to devolve to through destruction is what many feel the Great Architect aspired to in creation, albeit on a much smaller, yet infinitely repeated scale. As above, so below.

What?
218:s version of chaos has no material in it. Its just a void. Matter is to them filthy as it was created by a lesser deity and don't exist in chaos.

hanzosbm

Premium Member
What?
218:s version of chaos has no material in it. Its just a void. Matter is to them filthy as it was created by a lesser deity and don't exist in chaos.
I disagree. The thoughtlessness that opposes the thoughtfulness is matter. And chaos includes both, otherwise a separation could not occur. Think of it more like static on your TV screen. It is chaos, but it still includes both black and white pixels. Another analogy would be mud; a mixture of dirt and water. There might not be anything cohesive in the matrix, but it still exists.

Elexir

I disagree. The thoughtlessness that opposes the thoughtfulness is matter. And chaos includes both, otherwise a separation could not occur. Think of it more like static on your TV screen. It is chaos, but it still includes both black and white pixels. Another analogy would be mud; a mixture of dirt and water. There might not be anything cohesive in the matrix, but it still exists.

The separation occurd (according to 218) when the Demiurge (YHVH or the grand architect) created matter. Prior to that only chaos existed. Temple of the black light (one of the orders wich works with 218 and was even the inner order of the Misanthropic Luciferian Order wich was the order that essentaly created 218) describes chaos on the fallowing page: https://web.archive.org/web/2008122...acklight.net/library/chaosophy/chaosophy.html