My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Builders of a Masonic Lodge

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
An old man, going a lone highway, Came at the evening, cold and grey, To a chasm vast and deep and wide. The old man crossed in the twilight dim, The sullen stream had no fear for him; But he turned when safe on the other side, And built a bridge to span the tide. "Old man", said a fellow pilgrim near, "You are wasting your strength when building here Your journey will end with the ending days; You never again will pass this way. You've crossed the chasm, deep and wide, Why build you this bridge at eventide?" The builder lifted his old, grey head; "Good friend, in the path I have come," he said, "There followeth after me to-day, A youth whose feet must pass this way. This chasm, that has been as nought to me, To that fair-haired youth may a pitfall be; He, too, must cross in the twilight dim - Good friend, I have build this bridge for him."

- Anonymous