The Dark Knight Rises (May Contain Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Arts and Entertainment' started by Blake Bowden, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

I thought it was pretty good. The beginning was kinda slow but the second half kept my attention. I also thought Anne Hathaway did a fantastic job as Cat Woman! I was worried at first, but she killed it!

2. kyfreemason357

kyfreemason357 Registered User

She was great and Tom Hardy was superb. Im a huge batman fan but felt the movie was avg. Was good but not great and needed more work or even a change in places.

3. Blake Bowden

Yeah Tom Hardy...WOW, he was awesome as Bane! Funny thing though, he's actually a pretty short guy. He had to wear 3' lifts to appear taller/bigger than he actually is.

4. kyfreemason357

kyfreemason357 Registered User

Yeah he is like 5'10" I think

5. Blake Bowden

Yeah 5 10, bale is 6. Bane looked freaking enormous in the movie..haha

6. Benton

Benton Premium Member

Saw it twice, actually liked it better the second time. I felt the ending was rushed and you never had a chance to really absorb whats going on. I'm looking forward to a director's cut that expands various scenes. I do agree that Tom Hardy was fantastic though, easily one of my favorite villains. It had a difficult time living up to its hype/prequels, but I felt it did a pretty good job, even if it didn't quite hit the mark.

7. K.S.

K.S. Registered User

I agree, the 1st half was a bit slow, but sometimes you need that lull to set up the climactic ending. If that franchise continues as hinted, hopefully Christopher Nolan has a hand in it so the next films don't get cheesy and comical. Overall, I give it 2 thumbs up! Haha.

Share My Freemasonry