My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grand Priory of the Reformed and Rectified Rite of the United States of America

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
Sorry if this is somewhat old news (I saw it posted on Chris Hodapp's blog) but it appears that The Grand Priory of the Reformed and Rectified Rite of the United States of America, is now a legitimate body of the Grand Encampment? I am interested in this as the CBCS has always intrigued me, but last I heard their costs were about $700 for initiation and $150 for annual dues which is high for a body that meets once a year, and doesn't have local involvement.

Thoughts on the recent move by the Grand Encampment to now recognize CBCS and in essence de-recognize the old CBCS, which was portrayed as nothing more than a supper club?

Read about it here...

S&F,
-Bro Vick

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Re: The Grand Priory of the Reformed and Rectified Rite of the United States of Ameri

So, are there any afficionados of historical swordsmanship among the Masonic Templars? Just wondering...

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Re: The Grand Priory of the Reformed and Rectified Rite of the United States of Ameri

I can't believe I missed this story from Bro. Chris's blog. I will have to research this further.

So, are there any afficionados of historical swordsmanship among the Masonic Templars? Just wondering...
I took a fencing class when I was a Boy Scout...lol

Pscyclepath

Premium Member

I got one of the old 1850s drill manuals and worked with it a good bit for the past several years so I could do a passable job representing a Civil War infantry officer, but I doubt the Commandery will let me get away with using my M1850 foot officer's sword for drill... Oddly enough, a number of Civil War volunteer officers used their KT swords when marching off to war in the days of '61 ;-)

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor

From what I've heard from an Oregon Brother, the Grand Lodge of Oregon has reaffirmed the edict against the Grand Encampment.