My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The halfway point

Elexir

The halway point?

(Note this is long, not structured and non-liniear, Im currently fighting a bad cold)

I came into contact with freemasonry as well as fraternal orders a result of my intressts in history, religon and esoterism.

At 23 I joined another order called Tempel Riddare Orden in Swedish but was known as the Templars of honour and temprance during its beginning in the US.

I started my journey into freemasonry mainly at a swedish forum where one sub-forum was dedicated to disscusions about “NWO, Illuminati and orders”. It was intressting as there where both conspiracy theorists, curious seekers as well as high degree members.

After looking around a bit it stood between LDH and the Swedish order of freemasons (GL of Sweden). Eventually the GL of Sweden won becuse of its long history, intressting hints that it was a rich system as well as the historical connection with the royality.

After contacting the local lodge of St John and going through the process I got a call asking if I wanted to be initiated the next week, I said yes and a week later I stood outside the door in my tails eagerly waiting to see what was to come and the I° did not dissapoint, it was a good experience wich I sometimes wich I could go through again.

After seeing my degree once, I was (on my second meeting) put to work by one of the CMs to help out.

After a few months the time for the II° came wich was a surreal experience to say the least.

The months passed, I visited another lodge in another city and helped out.

The the time for the III° came wich truly cemented the experience.

A while after my third I was asked by one of my proposers if I was intressted in an office and on the falllowing anniversary of the lodge I was installed as TIB wich I held for a year before I was asked if I wanted to become CM myself wich is now my current office.

Last fall I was notified that I would be passed to a lodge of St Andrews and after some waiting I got a call asking if I wanted to take the IV-V in January. All said and done, the 16th I was able to take the IV- V° wich was an intense experience. With that I also have one of the Swedish rites most interesting regalia ( https://grailquest.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/dsc_0003.jpg ).

oivindb

Congratulation on making it to IV/V. It is most certainly the degree that have given me the most in the daily life.... I got my VII degree in January. And like you, I used to be CM. Most gratifying job.

Bloke

Premium Member
Congratulations !

(only when you're dead, you'll be able to look back and see your "halfway point" in Freemasonry - which is how old you were when you died, then divided by 2... I suspect I am more than halfway, but hope not ! )

Elexir

Congratulation on making it to IV/V. It is most certainly the degree that have given me the most in the daily life.... I got my VII degree in January. And like you, I used to be CM. Most gratifying job.

Thanks. It is an experience of a lifetime.

Congrats, brother.

Thanks brother.

Congratulations !

(only when you're dead, you'll be able to look back and see your "halfway point" in Freemasonry - which is how old you were when you died, then divided by 2... I suspect I am more than halfway, but hope not ! )

Thanks.

Halfway point is only in regards to the rite. Hopefully Im not at my lifes halfway point as Im not even 30.