My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The introduction for all to see.

txraisedboy

Premium Member
Good afternoon bretheren and all. My name is Bro. Jonathan B. Hogue. I am so happy to have stumbled upon this application. I was born and raised in Texas, from San Antonio to Austin to Harlingen. After a few years of college, I decided to join the Navy, and my first duty station was in Washington State. There I found the light and became a member of Fildago Lodge #77, in Anacourtes, WA. I then PCS'ed (moved) to my second duty station here in Northern Japan. I have been here for just over a year now and I enjoy Japan very much. I am mostly happy that I have come across this wonderful amount of information and discussion on all things Masonic, because I have really needed a new way to further myself in the light. I have found that, while I am here, that the learning that I do in Masonry is self paced and can become something that can be put on the back burner to other things. I have a wonderful family and enjoy spending the time that I get with them, and now with this in hand, I have found a new spark to light a new fire in my Masonic studies. Thank you to the founders and to all who contribute to the content. Hopefully, in the near future, I will be able to contribute to this site so that I may help others further themselves in Masonry. Thank you and good evening.

V/R,
Bro. J. B. Hogue
Fildago #77 Anacourtes, WA
From Northern Japan

Mac

Premium Member
Welcome aboard, Bro. Hogue! I agree with your comment that Masonry is self paced, and it's one of the big reasons I appreciate the fraternity. Once you've learned to say "no" when appropriate (an important lesson!), you really start to control how much time you invest. Have you had a chance to visit any Lodges in Japan? I'm sure it would be most interesting to compare the Washington esoteric work to that of Japan.

txraisedboy

Premium Member
I apologize for the double post, I was on my mobil device and didn't think that it got submitted. With that said thank you all for the warm welcome.