My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Kybalion

jjjjjggggg

Premium Member
Read it. A little wordy and self-aggrandizing and just a smidge of pretension, but follows in the hermetic and advaita vendanta traditions. You might search for the kybalion in other threads as I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before.

Personally, I prefer the "no bullshit" approach of the early zen masters such as rinzai, huineng, baso, and bankei... Who pretty much point to the non-dual in a far more practical and less mystical manner.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
Yes, I have read it several times. Honestly, I can appreciate that the Kybalion is trying to say something, but I have difficulty relating to it in a meaningful fashion. I find other books much more instructive.

JJones

I enjoyed it a lot. It's definately something I'd recommend to a brother who's interested in esoterica. Is it masonic? That depends on who you ask.