the Lion, the Bull, the Man, the Eagle

Discussion in 'History and Research' started by pointwithinacircle2, May 23, 2015.

1. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I'm certainly finding this to be true!

2. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Me too :)

Mind you, I also shock myself on how much I have learned... but then again,see the first statement.

I've stayed out of this thread..

Warrior1256 likes this.
  3. Bro MBGellner RAM; 32nd

Bro MBGellner RAM; 32nd Registered User

It is easy to become obsessed with a billion explanations of our symbols. The craftsman should reflect on his teachings and works. The deeper meanings will occur to you more over time and with practiced reflection.

In the end, we are but a copy made in an image. And our teachings are to practice this image. It is a sacred truth that if you are a copy; then the one true form exists. We are rough longing to be perfect and by the symbolism of the dialogue the allegory teachings are a prophecy to us that the perfect one does exist.

God is at its center
    And we are God's followers.
    God calls us a priesthood.
    We are the priests.
    We have chosen a side because we choose light. Light is good. And there is no darkness in God.

4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Agreed!

5. Luigi Visentin

Luigi Visentin Registered User

IMG_2490.JPG
    This is a very special Tetramorph existing in a small Italian church. The fresco close to this image is much more interesting but also this symbol is very particular: the head is the one of the eagle. Unfortunately is very ruined even if it had been restored some years ago. Live image is much better. It looks like an hieracosphinx but there are some differences like the horns (bull), the hands that hold the book (the man, which is actually a cherubine) and the halo around the head.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017

Share My Freemasonry